Review: Spring on trend with NUTMEG kids clothing

Red Jacket 1

I love how kids fashion is bright and colourful. Olly loves the colour blue so when he was recently sent a couple of pieces of clothing from NUTMEG’s Spring collection to try out, I was made up to see a bit of colour.

Olly was sent this fantastic red and blue zipped jacket with its retro inspired look and on-trend stripy lining.

Undoing jacket

Detail with kids in mind

The jacket has two pockets and the chunky zipper is perfect for little hands to learn the skill of zipping up a coat. NUTMEG clothes are known for their thoughtful details, making clothes ideal for little ones. The jacket has a cuffed waistband which is great for keeping the jacket close to the body, ideal for days out and mini adventures.

Up close

The jacket also has a lined hood which is perfect for those days when the wind has picked up and the April rain showers are predicted.

Red Jacket white wall

Olly was also sent a pair of skinny denim jeans which I hadn’t seen before in store but again they are on trend with what’s in at the moment and Olly has enjoyed wearing them. He usually wears jeans and trousers that are much baggier so it’s great to see him in something different.

Jeans and Jacket

Unfortunately, we weren’t able to get out and take any photographs outdoors (hello April snow showers and working mum hours during the week!) but Olly wore the jacket over the weekend as we were doing some jobs in town and a couple of people commented on how trendy he looked. Cue a huge smile from Olly has he strutted around the supermarket.

Red Jacket 1

Affordable, good quality fashion

We love the clothes from NUTMEG, the quality is brilliant and they always wash really well. Not only that, the clothes are really affordable. This jacket is just £12 and the jeans £8. and Olly always looks fashionable.

Do you shop at Morrisons for the NUTMEG kids clothing range? We’ve also bought Olly some summer threads recently from NUTMEG, you can see what we bought for our sunshine holidays here.

NB: We were sent the products above for the purpose of this review. All words and images are my own.

Emma Shilton

Emma Shilton, is a UK Family Lifestyle blogger from the West Midlands, UK, Emma is Mummy to two boys; Olly, (born February 2013) who loves Lego, cars and old cartoons and Freddie, (born January 2018) who loves noisy toys and making a mess. The blog follows their adventures as they capture everyday life, family travels and adventures.

Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook

1. 28/04/2016 / 1:52 pm

I love his little jacket, very cool ! He makes such a great model. I love Nutmeg clothing, my mother in law always buys my little two Nutmeg clothing and it washes so well. Sophia has some gorgeous summer items xx

2. 28/04/2016 / 6:14 pm

Love that jacket, the colours would go with everything and it just looks so practical x

3. 29/04/2016 / 11:22 am

Loving his poses Emma, he’s looking so grown up. That’s a really nice jacket, chunky zips make life that much easier when little ones want to dress themselves. I’m hearing lots of good things about Nutmeg, I must try and check them out myself xx

4. 30/04/2016 / 7:53 am

What a cool outfit! I especially love the jeans, and I think the prices are fantastic! xx
    #weekendtotstyle

5. 30/04/2016 / 10:51 am

What a little dude he is! My daughter has been gifted a couple of Nutmeg pieces recently and I’ve been really impressed. Talk about Supermarket Sweep!! Yvadney x #WeekendTotStyle

6. Love the jacket with those grey jeans. I’ve never shopped the clothes section at Morrisons but I’ve been seeing some great stuff! #WeekendTotStyle

7. 01/05/2016 / 10:20 pm

I keep hearing about Nutmeg at the moment but haven’t managed to see any of their range out and about. It looks great! This jacket is fab. Love the bright colours and love his posing even more!! Thanks so much for linking up with us and hope you’ve had a great weekend :) #weekendtotstyle

8. 03/05/2016 / 11:09 am

I love the nutmeg range Olivia has a gorgeous coat that lasted so long from there and was a fabulous price too.

He looks like in his jacket and I love the poses too ;) #weekendtotstyle

9. 03/05/2016 / 4:16 pm

We also LOVE Nutmeg, I just don’t get to our local Morrisons stockists very often to have a rummage. The jacket is great, perfect for the warmer but still too cool days of spring. As for the jeans, they are ace, I’m actually going to have to go this week now, Lewis needs some new jeans and only suits skinnys or straight leg (lanky child alert). Thank you for sharing #WeekendTotStyle

I'd love to hear from you