Out with the old and in with the new, the new year often brings a fresh perspective and a desire for change. With the housing market not particularly great, many home owners are looking to redecorate and rejuvenate their living spaces and one of the most popular rooms for change is the bathroom.
There are several ways you can freshen up your bathroom without redecorating the whole room which is often expensive and time consuming.
- Give the walls a fresh coat of paint – the bathroom walls can become dull and dated with everyday use so wipe them down and freshen them up with a coat of paint.
- If your bathroom is quite plain add some accessories to bring a touch of character to the room. There’s lots of nautical themed accessories in the shops at the moment as well as monochrome pieces, there is lots to choose from. Select two or three statement pieces and display them in your bathroom to add character to the room
- Bathroom floors need to be hard wearing so if your bathroom floor is looking a little bit tired, replace the flooring with new laminate or vinyl to give the space a new look. A new flooring will lift the room and make the room feel brighter.
- Changing the units in your bathroom can really make a big change. Modern basins and contemporary taps like these ones here can bring a chic hotel vibe to your new look bathroom.
- Replace your towels – we often forget how much use our towels get so changing the towel bale can make a big difference. Choosing white fluffy towels will add a spot of calmness and luxury to your bathroom whilst bright and colourful towels will add a pop of colour to the room.
Are you planning a bathroom revamp in the new year? If you’ve got any other tips on how to freshen up the bathroom, I’d love to hear them.
This is a collaborative post