Another month has come to an end and on the whole it’s been a good month for us all. There’s been plenty festive days out, a successful school carol concert and plenty of time spent with family. Unfortunately both Olly and Shilts have been poorly and caught the winter sickness bug which was a horrible few days for them both, Freddie had a nasty cough and a cold but thankfully they’re all well to see out the year.
Here’s what we’ve been up to and enjoyed in December 2019.
- loved getting a real Christmas tree from Ikea this year. It’s just the right size for our lounge bay window and smells wonderful.
- enjoyed a Baileys coffee of an evening and will be sad to give those up for the new year!
- enjoyed all the Christmas run up and seeing the boys faces on Christmas morning when they saw their pile of gifts.
- asked for help with some elements of her blog work. Being a blogger these days isn’t so easy especially when there’s so much ‘competition’ for campaigns and work. It’s been hard work and something I will admit too. Being a stay at home Mummy and working for yourself isn’t easy.
- loved getting matching pjs for us all. They’re from the ‘in the hood’ collection from Tesco.
- shown brilliant courage and read lines in his school carol concert. He performed them so well without prompts and just shows what a boost in confidence can do for him. He was so proud of himself and us of him too, he’s come a long way this year.
- enjoyed visiting Legoland Birmingham Discovery Centre and seeing all the Christmas additions to miniland
- loved having breakfast with Santa. The breakfast was delicious and he got to meet Santa who spoke to him and gave him a gift.
- loved his Christmas gifts from family and friends this year. He’s been treated to Playmobil, Lego and lots of other fantastic presents.
- enjoyed a morning at Sea Life Birmingham to watch the fishes and made a friend in a penguin or two
- come around to the idea of Santa. At first he was not a fan at all and got upset but by Christmas Eve, he was more than happy to sit next to him in the pub for a present and a photo!
- started calling Mummy and Daddy, Mum and Dad. No idea where he got that from as his older brother still uses Mummy and Daddy.
- loved having his big brother at home to play with him.
- enjoyed the annual Christmas meal with the Shilton family. There’s over 30 of us now and it’s a wonderful chance for us all to get together before the festivities kick off and catch up, enjoy a beautiful meal and swap Christmas cards and gifts.
- loved his shopping trip into Birmingham with his Dad and Brother. They all went into Birmingham City Centre, four days before Christmas (they are mad!) for a spot of shopping, drinking and eating.
- enjoyed two weeks annual leave and loved having time off with the family to enjoy Christmas.
It’s been an eventful December and on the whole it’s been a good month for us all. The new year brings new adventures and new challenges, as well as a family wedding, a holiday in the south of France and a house to declutter and redecorate. Lots of fun to be had along the way!
Thank you all for reading this year, hope you’ll stick around for our family adventures in 2020. Happy New Year! x