McDonald’s launches new Veggie Happy Meal item

11/01/2019
McDonalds Happy Meal

Just last week, Olly and I went along to our local McDonald’s restaurant to try out something new. On 3rdJanuary, they launched their latest addition to their popular children’s Happy Meal menu, their first ever vegetarian option, the Veggie Wrap.

Happy Meals at McDonalds

McDonald’s are always working on improving their menu and have introduced the Veggie Wrap to provide more choice for families and a solution for those who want a meat-free option. They’ve also introduced the Spicy Veggie Wrap on the main menu too, another tasty choice for adults to try out and enjoy. Both items have been added to the menu as permanent options.

We went along to try the new addition to the menu and we were really looking forward to putting it to the taste test. Developed by McDonald’s alongside an exclusive BritMums tasting panel of bloggers and their children, the new Veggie Wrap is made with a red pesto veggie goujon, shredded lettuce and tomato ketchup in a small toasted tortilla wrap.

McDonalds Happy Meal

Olly is a creature of habit and often doesn’t try new things but tortilla wraps and tomato ketchup are two of his favourite things. As soon as he tried it, he loved it. It was a hit! He really enjoyed the veggie wrap and it’s something he’ll have when we visit McDonald’s again. We teamed the Happy Meal with a slice of pineapple and a bottle of water.

Of course, I couldn’t let Olly enjoy all the tasty new things so I got a Veggie Happy Meal too to try and I really liked it! The red pesto veggie goujon was really tasty, a really subtle taste with a crunchy shredded lettuce and a hit of ketchup. I don’t often have a large meal at McDonald’s so I’ll definitely enjoy the new veggie wrap again.

The new Veggie Wrap is available now in Happy Meals at McDonald’s priced at £2.49.

Disclosure: This post is part of a paid project with McDonald’s UK and BritMums, promoting McDonald’s Veggie Happy Meal and the new vegetarian menu items.

• Reply Zena's Suitcase 11/01/2019 at 7:46 pm

I love the sound of this Happy Meal Veggie Wrap. I will definitely be trying it with the kids next time we visit the restaurant. It’s great to have a bit more choice

• Reply Rebecca | AAUBlog 11/01/2019 at 8:30 pm

Isn’t it great to have more choice for all on the menu? Veggie or not, this is such a positive move for McDonald’s

• Reply Mandi 12/01/2019 at 4:37 pm

My children loved the new Veggie wrap happy meal, and the teenager was thrilled that they have added another Veggie option to the adult menu, Olly looked like he had a great time.

• Reply Helen - from Mummy to Mum 14/01/2019 at 1:01 am

My daughter and I are Vegan and it was lovely to see that they have added an option where we can all go and eat there together now. Glad you both enjoyed it.

• Reply Living Life Our Way - Katie (@followourpath) 15/01/2019 at 11:49 am

I stole a bite of my daughter’s wrap, which she really enjoyed, and had an adult one myself… delicious!

• Reply Jenny Lord 15/01/2019 at 12:55 pm

Mine love the balloons too! I’m so glad they’re expanding the menu to include more veggie dishes.

• Reply Kaz & Ickle Pickle (@IcklePicklex) 15/01/2019 at 2:20 pm

This is so good to see! The veggie wrap option is delicious! Kaz

• Reply Louise 16/01/2019 at 5:06 pm

My little boy loved the veggie wrap too, you are right with a tortilla and ketchup included they are definitely onto a winner!

• Reply Karen Reekie 16/01/2019 at 5:25 pm

I am glad he enjoyed it. My son was super impressed with it, and is asking when we can go back and have it again. It’s great that McDonald’s has put work into this and made a good vegetarian option!

• Reply Amy Powell 16/01/2019 at 9:09 pm

My daughter is exactly the same with regards to being a creature of habit and she loved it too! A great addition to their Happy Meals.

• Reply Jen from Jenography.net 22/01/2019 at 1:10 pm

It’s a great point — wraps and ketchup are a way to encourage kids to try it and once they do, they discover how tasty it is. Sneaky…and effective! ;-)