October where did you go? It’s been a better month for us all with Shilts settling into his new health regime and Olly enjoying school. The month has flown by and we’re already well into the half term break here which so far has been enjoyed by all with various trips to Grandparents, days out in Birmingham and a trip to London on the train.
This month Mummy has
- enjoyed watching Olly’s Year One Harvest Festival assembly. Olly was brilliant and performed fantastically well with all his friends singing and dancing (it made Mummy’s eyes leak).
- had a really good month work wise and is really pleased with how well she’s managed to get all the work done that she has been tasked to do.
- enjoyed a lovely spa day with her sister and enjoyed a lovely facial.
- decided she doesn’t like the screen time app on her phone (I know I spent too much time on my phone and the app confirms it)
- been decluttering the house which feels oh so good
- been rubbish at rallying the troops for the Me and Mine photograph so forced everyone into a last minute photo which I actually love!
This month Olly has
- enjoyed visiting Legoland Birmingham
- hunting for Lego animals at Twycross Zoo
- been enjoying his half term break from school with visits to both sets of Grandparents for treats
- had a fantastic day at Drayton Manor for their Halloween event
- loved watching Disney on Ice with Mummy
This month Freddie has
- grown well into his 9-12 month clothes
- turned nine months old
- had his first cold (boo!)
- learnt to clap and to high five
- decided sleeping through is for wimps (sob!)
- loved the fishes at the Sea Life Centre in Birmingham
This month Daddy has
- started the final leg of his masters course at university – the dreaded dissertation
- enjoyed visiting Drayton Manor with the family
- got to the semi-final of a Darts competition in a singles match
- gone back to work and has enjoyed getting back to it
November is a big month for us. We have renovation work going on at home with two big projects on at the same time; the family bathroom refit and the new office being built. We are so excited to finally get the work done on projects that we have wanted to complete for such a long time. We’re really hoping that all the mess and displacement it’ll cause will be worth it and we’ll finally have a work from home space suitable for both me and Shilts. It’s also my birthday month so that’s exciting too!