One of my favourite meals on the Slimming World plan is a synfree Spaghetti Bolognese. I love that’s it’s packed full of vegetables, all of which are speed veg and it’s a great recipe that the whole family can enjoy.
This recipe has been tweaked over the last 18 months and I have to admit that we often add in other left over vegetables in the fridge to the saucepan to use them up and it’s still really delicious. I added peppers to this weeks meal but I’ve added chopped mushrooms in the past.
This synfree Spaghetti / Pasta Bolognese is synfree and can be eaten without the guilt on plan. This recipe makes four really good size portions. We usually have a portion each for dinner and then have it again the next day for lunch or with a (slow cooker) jacket potato of an evening in the week.
- Frylight or low calorie spray
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 carrots
- 2 sticks of celery
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 3 bacon medallions
- 500g lean beef mince (5% mince beef)
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons of worcester sauce
- 2 beef OXO cubes
- 350g dried spaghetti or penne
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- In a large saucepan, spray the frylight and brown off the mince and crumble one OXO cube over the top
- Transfer cooked mince to a bowl whilst you use saucepan for rest of ingredients
- Chop up the bacon and fry with frylight and the oregano
- Add all the chopped vegetables to the saucepan (including the tomatoes and the tomato puree)
- Crumble in the remaining OXO cube
- Add the worcester sauce and stir
- Add the cooked mince to the saucepan and cook on a medium heat for half an hour or until the vegetables are soft.
- Season to taste
- Serve with cooked pasta and enjoy!
This synfree Spaghetti Bolognese will become a firm favourite in your Slimming World recipe meal plans as it is simply delicious and really filling.