It is nearly one whole year since I walked into my local Slimming World class and sat at the back of the group ashamed that I had left myself get into such a mess. I listened intently and vowed to change my ways, I was so nervous but I really didn’t need to be. The group was lovely, full of members sharing tips and ideas and to my surprise, busy with members already at their target but happy to stay to group to support fellow members and make new friends.
I gave it a go and didn’t look back.
My fat face and I, Summer 2014
50 weeks on the Slimming World plan and I have now lost just a pound and a half short of FIVE stone! Mad eh? I never in a million years would have thought that I could lose such an amount in one year so if you’re ever having doubts that you couldn’t lose that much, you totally can! I did, so can you!
I’ve written before that I’m nowhere near my target. In fact, I’m still rather large and have another five stone to lose but I’m chipping away at it and I’m far happier now than I was back in August of last year. My confidence is creeping back in, I’m not afraid to speak out in class and I’m wearing clothes three times smaller.
My face is definitely a little smaller, Summer 2015
My advice… one year on!
1) If your head is in the right place, go for it. You can only lose weight for YOU and no-one else!
2) Be consistent. You need to give a weightloss plan a good effort before deciding it’s not for you, I would never try meal replacement bars or shakes as in my opinion, they’re not healthy BUT each to their own and find something that works for YOU
3) Drink plenty of water. I drink over 2L of water every day and it really does help keep me hydrated and helps keep my skin clear too!
4) Treat yourself. If you want a piece of chocolate, have it. On SW I can have a small piece of chocolate every day (yes!) if I want too and I think that’s the key, everything in moderation. I can’t cut something out of my diet or I end up craving it and then binge eat (viscous circle!) so if I really want something I’ll make allowances, cut back on something else and have it.
5) Keep going. I have had weeks where I’ve only lost half a pound, a pound or stayed the same. It’s gutting after a week on plan to see not much has left the scales but you just need to draw a line on that week and keep going.
With that mantra in mind, did you know it’s only 23 weeks until Christmas. I know, I know, sorry to mention the C word but it’s a good motivator. I would love to lose another 3 stone by Christmas at least. Realistically that’s just under 2lb per week to lose between now and then, I think it’s achievable. You need something to aim for and that’s what I’m going for.
What do you want to aim for?
Just imagine what your transformation photographs will look like in a years time? How exciting is that? I can’t wait to see how my fat face transforms. Lets hope I lose the bingo wings!
This isn’t a sponsored post for Slimming World, it’s just really transformed my life and I’m a huge (well less huge than I was, geddit?) fan of how the plan teaches you to eat properly and in moderation. Well worth joining!