After the longest January known to man, February has whizzed on by and here we are at the end of the shortest month wondering where it disappeared to. February was another birthday month in the Shilton household and Olly celebrated his sixth birthday with his friends from school. We also had half-term and we escaped the Midlands for some Cornish sunshine in Newquay.
This month Mummy has
- loved spending time down on the Cornish coast, there is something about being by the sea that instantly calms me, I need to move!
- enjoyed the family photo shoot taken by Eimear O’Donnell who took our photo above (blog review coming soon)
- loved the Extreme Hot Chocolate she sampled from The Beach Hut at Watergate Bay, it had cream and milk buttons, it was heavenly and about a billion calories!
- enjoyed watching Olly celebrate his sixth birthday, where have those 6 years gone?
- made steps to become a Social Media Manager using skills learnt from this blog and years of being online
This month Olly has
- turned six years old and celebrated with a party at a local soft play centre with his best friend Maisie all their fellow classmates.
- enjoyed an evening at Legoland Discovery Centre in Birmingham just in time for his birthday
- been and watched the Lego Movie 2
- had a snowball fight with his Daddy at Tamworth Snowdome
- loved having half-term and spending the week at home and in Cornwall
This month Freddie has
- started to say ‘quack’, ‘woof’ and roars like a lion when asked
- learnt where his nose and head is (and can point to them)
- still not remembered how to sleep through the night…
- walked on sand for the first time at Watergate Bay and wasn’t the biggest fan.
- enjoyed seeing his friends at Stay and Play on a Thursday
This month Shilts has
- enjoyed taking Olly down to London on the train to visit the Holiday Show at Olympia
- loved playing Poker with his mates
- enjoyed taking the boys swimming at the hotel in Cornwall
- loved taking some time off work to spend a few days with the rest of the family during half term
- enjoyed spending time with the family for Olly’s birthday and having a Sunday dinner at the pub!
- devoured a Cornish pasty in Padstow
- loved a Cornish cream tea with the jam going on the scone first followed by the cream.
March is the month where I hope everything gets back to normal, Olly settles back into life at school and Freddie decides sleep is the most wonderful thing ever. I can hope!