We recently stayed at Butlin’s in Bognor Regis for a weekend of birthday fun for Olly’s fourth birthday. You can read more about our accommodation in Part One here.
Activities for 4 year olds
The main purpose of our weekend was for Olly to have a fantastic birthday weekend. We had looked on the Butlin’s website prior to our visit to see what was on and we saw various things that we knew he would love; Mr Men and Little Miss, Baby T-Rex, the Tellytubbies to name just a few. On our arrival at the hotel, we were given a printed timetable of all the activities and their timings for the weekend which also had a map of the resort. I also downloaded the Butlin’s app which was great for finding out what was on, where it was being held and if it was suitable for smaller children. The app was much more useful to me than the timetable as it was more accessible and interactive.
Top tip: download the Butlins app on your smartphone for the ‘What’s on’ timetable
After dinner on Friday evening, we took time to have a look at what activities and shows were on over the weekend and made mental notes of things we definitely wanted to see. We asked Olly about various things to make sure he knew they were on and he made the decisions as to whether we saw / took part in them (or not). It’s definitely wise to read the entertainment guides before they happen, quite a few things run at the same time so it’s best to find out what you don’t want to miss! It’s also a really useful guide to find out what’s included in your holiday price and what is extra and needs paying for.
Olly’s favourite things to do over the weekend included;
- visit Splash Waterworld – he conquered the water slides and loved it!
- watch Mr Men and Little Miss live on stagemeet Little Miss Sunshine, Mr Bump and Mr Tickle and get photographs to prove it
- eating his hot dog and chips dinner in The Diner listening to a live singer
- spending Mummy and Daddy’s money in the arcades
- driving the Dune Buggies and getting his driving licence certificate
- having a dance at the Redcoats Party
- visit the beach and attempt stone skimming into the sea
- blowing bubbles into the wind on the balcony in the hotel
For last minute availability and to book your family break to Butlin’s visit their website at www.butlins.com
Disclaimer: We are Butlin’s Family Bloggers