When I came across this recipe for Slimming World friendly chocolate brownies, I was a little bit skeptical. How can something so delicious taste so good and be so low in syns?
The recipe for these chocolate brownies contains quite a lot of sweetener so if you’re not a sweetener fan, then these aren’t for you. However, having baked these chocolate brownies for our Slimming World taster night, they went down really well and you will only probably want one or two in one go as they’re quite rich and very chocolatey.
- 6 eggs
- 60g Bournville Cocoa Powder (12.5 syns)
- 50g sweetener
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4
- Line a medium sized tin with baking paper
- Separate the egg yolks and whites and set aside.
- In a bowl mix together the egg yolks, cocoa powder, sweetener and vanilla essence. The mix will get a bit dry so add a drop of water to mix it all together well.
- Whisk the egg whites into stiff peaks
- Carefully fold the cocoa mixture into the egg whites so that both the mixtures are well combined.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the baking tin
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 15-20 minutes until a knife or skewer comes out clean from the middle of the brownie.
- Cut into 24 pieces and each piece of brownie is just half a syn each
Depending on how generous you want to be with your chocolate brownies, just divide the number of syns for the cocoa powder by the portion size. Enjoy!