Slimming World Half A Syn Chocolate Brownies

13/11/2015

When I came across this recipe for Slimming World friendly chocolate brownies, I was a little bit skeptical. How can something so delicious taste so good and be so low in syns?

choc brownies

The recipe for these chocolate brownies contains quite a lot of sweetener so if you’re not a sweetener fan, then these aren’t for you. However, having baked these chocolate brownies for our Slimming World taster night, they went down really well and you will only probably want one or two in one go as they’re quite rich and very chocolatey.

Ingredients

• 6 eggs
  • 60g Bournville Cocoa Powder (12.5 syns)
  • 50g sweetener
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
  • Water

How to

• Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4
  • Line a medium sized tin with baking paper
  • Separate the egg yolks and whites and set aside.
  • In a bowl mix together the egg yolks, cocoa powder, sweetener and vanilla essence. The mix will get a bit dry so add a drop of water to mix it all together well.
  • Whisk the egg whites into stiff peaks
  • Carefully fold the cocoa mixture into the egg whites so that both the mixtures are well combined.
  • Pour the brownie mixture into the baking tin
  • Bake in the middle of the oven for 15-20 minutes until a knife or skewer comes out clean from the middle of the brownie.
  • Cut into 24 pieces and each piece of brownie is just half a syn each

Depending on how generous you want to be with your chocolate brownies, just divide the number of syns for the cocoa powder by the portion size. Enjoy!

• Reply Bex @ The Mummy Adventure 14/11/2015 at 9:44 pm

They sound really simple, I have bookmarked the recipe for next time by sister in law comes over as she always misses out on our treats due to the syns

• Reply Emma Shilton 14/11/2015 at 11:56 pm

They’re very sweet Bex, only try them if you don’t mind using quite a bit of sweetener. It’s an acquired taste!

• Reply Donna 14/11/2015 at 10:07 pm

These look lovely, I’ll definitely be giving them a go! x

• Reply Emma Shilton 14/11/2015 at 11:41 pm

They’re an acquired taste. My second batch didn’t taste as nice as the first!

• Reply Lindsay @ Newcastle Family Life 25/11/2015 at 9:14 pm

oh I think I need to make some of these as I often crave a sweet treat now and then. I am terrible at baking though so I dread to think what mine would turn out like xx

• Reply Jessica Merryfield 15/05/2017 at 11:46 am

These look amazing! What consistency should the cocoa mixture be when added to the egg whites? Thanks x

• Reply Eileen Mc Greevy 15/09/2017 at 10:58 pm

Hi Emma, a friend found your recipe and I was just wondering how much water did you put into the cocoa mixture and what kind of consistency should it be. Thanks Eileen.

• Reply Maggie 27/02/2018 at 6:16 pm

Have made them, they are very nice indeed. Can you freeze them – I made 24 but can’t eat them all so I think I will need to freeze them.

• Reply Emma 27/02/2018 at 9:06 pm