A couple of weeks ago we travelled down South to spend the day at LolliBop, the big bash for Little People. Accompanied by my hubby and our very own Little People (Little Mr and our nephew) we were looking forward to spending the day at Hatfield House and seeing some of our favourite characters and children brands.
With it being our first LolliBop, we had no expectations although we had heard what a fab event it was for toddlers and youngsters so was eager to let the boys have some fun and enjoy the day.
The ground of Hatfield House are impressive. The LolliBop event was held in a large section of the grounds and it felt like all the stands, character stalls and stages were well spaced out around the arena and there was lots of open space for little legs to walk around in.
On arrival we made a beeline for Thomas the Tank as he has rapidly become Little Mr’s most favourite thing ever. If it doesn’t ‘choo choo’ then he’s not interested. Both Little Mr and our nephew are both train fans so we spent a good thirty minutes taking part in the activities around the Thomas the tank engine area.
We then moved onto the Little Tikes play area and the boys loved playing on the bikes, the cars, running in and out of the castle, going down the slides, in and out of the houses. They loved it.
Unfortunately it started to spit with rain so we dived into the Baby Ballet arena and ate our packed lunch. We were treated to a dance class with Baby Ballet and Little Mr spent a good ten minutes bopping away and enjoying himself. We were in fine company too as just behind us was Natalie Cassidy (of Eastenders fame) with her family. We really enjoyed the Lego Duplo area as they had lots for little ones to do. Little Mr and our nephew made a couple of zoo animals and enjoyed watching them come to life on the screen and they were also given a couple of pieces of Duplo to take away too which I thought was a lovely touch as we didn’t expect that.
We then went to explore the rest of the LolliBop arena and after seeing the queues for the Lollipalladium we decided the boys would be best doing something rather than waste time queuing and then sitting still. We checked out the face painting (Little Mr was too young) so our nephew had his face painted with a tiger design.
We really enjoyed the Vita Coco Kids mini beach; Little Mr got to play in their sandpit whilst our nephew designed himself a t-shirt and won a frisbee on the coconut shy. The top area of the arena was very quiet and we felt quite sorry for The Collective Dairy who were pleased to see us. Little Mr really liked the yogurts so we bought some and enjoyed them on the way home.
What we loved
- We got lovely freebies from PomBears and Haribo and lots of fabulous stickers which Little Mr loved.
- We really loved the space of the arena, something I believe is new this year with the change of venue.
- There was plenty of activities for Little Mr to do which was great. He loved colouring in, playing in the Little Tikes area, playing with the Duplo, the music playing and the atmosphere was very family friendly.
- We had lots of fun and came away with a pushchair full of goodies.
- The baby change tent was great offering privacy and somewhere to lay the little one to change (and dispose of) their nappies.
- We resisted the most amazing looking cakes, French delights and the adult creche (bar) but they all looked great with plenty of choice and prices didn’t look too bad.
What we hope to see next year
- We would have loved to see an undercover picnic area so if it rains we could enjoy our picnic without feeling like we had to join in
- I’d love to see a few more brands there. There’s lots of brands who I would love to see there and think they would fit in brilliantly for example, Mega Bloks and Fisher-Price.
- I’d love to see more of the entertainment. Hopefully next year Little Mr will understand the concept of watching entertainers on stage.
Our first LolliBop experience was overall rather enjoyable. We really enjoyed our day and loved spending the day out in the arena having fun and seeing the faces of both Little Mr and our nephew enjoying themselves. Precious family times and we can’t wait to go again next year.
Disclaimer: We were given free tickets and car parking for the purpose of this review. All thoughts and photographs are my own and this forms an honest and reliable review.