The week where a lot of good stuff happened!

This week has been probably one of the most productive week’s we have had for a long time! Hubby was off on half-term holidays and I was able to get some time off work to spend some precious quality time with my little family. To say I was ready for this break was an understatement. I’m really struggling with the whole work/life balance act at the moment, I’m pretty miserable Monday-Thursday (whilst I’m a working Mummy) and yearn for Friday to come around so I can spend more than a couple of hours with my boy.

So this is what happened this week…

Monday

I went to work and Little Mr spent the day at his Nanny and Grandad’s whilst Daddy got some jobs done around the house. All very routine and nothing exciting to shout about.

monday

Tuesday

Big day for hubby today as he went to the hospital to find out the results of his sleep study. The results were quite amazing, although incredibly worrying. It was confirmed that he suffers from obstructive sleep apnoea which is when hubby tries to sleep he stops breathing and his heart rate drops dramatically. His brain signals that he needs to breathe so he gasps for air and his heart rate increases. He does this over 80 times an hour. It’s ridiculous but incredibly dangerous as it’s really putting a strain on his heart. If undetected it could result in a stroke or a heart attack so I’m so glad I nagged at hubby to go and speak to the doctor.

Hubby came home from the hospital with a c-pap machine which he will need to wear at night. The c-pap will force air into his respitatory system keeping his airways clear and hopefully will give him that goodnight’s sleep which he has desperately needed.

tuesday

In the afternoon, we took Little Mr for his first year injections. I won’t lie, I wasn’t looking forward to him having them but they are so essential and could prevent him getting a really serious illness. He had three needles in total; Hib/Meningitis, MMR and pneumococcal. We took him in all happy and bless him, he screamed when each injection went in and I can’t blame him. He gave the nurse a scowling look with tears rolling down his face and we left to give him plenty of love and cuddles.

Little Mr is now cruising very well along the furniture, pulling him self up on anything and everything so we went to Clarks to get his feet measured and his very first pair of shoes. His feet were measured and his feet are slightly different sizes with one measuring as a 4 and one 4 and a half. We bought him some cruisers and a pair of comfy slippers to wear round the house. The lady in Clarks tried to get a photograph of him in his new shoes but he wasn’t feeling up to photographs!

When we got home, Little Mr had a high temperature and didn’t want his dinner so he had lots of Mummy cuddles and calpol. Once his temperature had come down he enjoyed a bath and brushed his teeth (or ate the toothbrush but he’s getting the idea!)

Wednesday

The day after the night of the c-pap. Hubby slept incredibly well and felt amazing on Wednesday. I was delighted by this as he just looked refreshed and looked like he had slept. I can’t really believe how well it worked and I’m so grateful that he’s been able to get help as quickly as he has.

He even felt well enough to drive the car for a few minutes so he took the car in to the garage for an MOT. Which failed unfortunately but with a lot of money and two tyres later, it passed. One less thing to worry about over the next year. Little Mr and I spent the morning in our pj’s playing and making a tidy lounge messy.

wednesday

Thursday

I took Little Mr to see Nanny and play with his cousin. Little Mr also sent his Nanny and Grandads some flowers to say ‘Thank you’ for looking after him when Mummy and Daddy are at work. Of course, a cardboard box is so much more exciting than any toy so the pair of them spent the afternoon playing in and with the box.

thursday

Another exciting development was we finally had time to book someone to come and look at our shower which had been faulty since mid-2013. I cannot tell you how amazing a hot five minute shower is compared to a bath, just pure bliss!

Friday

For the first time in ages, hubby felt well enough to be left alone with Little Mr. Since using the c-pap machine on Tuesday he hasn’t fallen asleep during the day once. This is just incredible and I’m so relieved. I may have cried that he feels so well. I took the chance to get my hair cut and coloured and spent a couple of hours enjoying some me time browsing glossy mags and sipping a hot coffee followed by getting my eyebrows threaded. I’d not had them done since last November. They were ghastly!

friday1

Little Mr has been particularly grumpy this week as his teeth decide to play up again. We found a huge molar poking through so hopefully that’ll give him a bit of a break now.

friday 2

Saturday

Little Mr had an awful night’s sleep resulting in a rubbish nights sleep for me so his play date as his friends first birthday party had to be cancelled. I was gutted to have missed it but he wasn’t well and it wouldn’t have been fair on him or others.

saturday

Hubby went to the football so we stayed in, watched Disney Junior and played with his toys. We also had the delivery of our new tumble dryer as our packed up earlier in the month and I couldn’t stand having the washing drying on the radiators. Cardboard towels are so uncomfortable when you get out of the bath. I know this is sad but it even has a light inside the drum! Wow!

Sunday

After another rubbish nights sleep, hubby let me sleep in and looked after Little Mr. It’s brilliant to be able to leave him with the little one and get some time back for myself. I love them both dearly but sometimes you just want to have a wee in peace.

After a productive day around the house (mostly thanks to hubby and the dryer) we can now see the bottom of the washing basket for the first time in at least two weeks and I’ve managed to get a few cleaning jobs done around the house inspired by Pinterest.

cleaning sunday

Dinner time this evening was spent us all having the same cooked meal and it went well. Little Mr’s been a bit cheeky of late with his dinner so after reading a couple of blog posts (especially this one from Caroline at Becoming a Stay at home Mum) I decided tonight we would all eat the same meal and at the same time. Like magic, he ate it and even had a go at using cutlery to spoon the rice and chicken in to his mouth. So proud!

feeding himself3

Feels so good to have got so many of the niggly problems sorted this week. I finally feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders and we can now concentrate on hubby getting well and truly on the road to recovery. It’s been a good week, how’s yours been?

Keep in touch | Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Google Plus

• Reply Zoe Corkhill (Mama Geek)

I’m glad you’ve managed to find so many little solutions to things that will make your life better! And your hubby’s diagnosis is a huge leap in the right direction, as now he can get the treatment he needs and you don’t have to worry about the stress on his heart anymore. I’m so pleased the c-pap machine is working for him.

We always eat our meals with the kids whenever possible and we find that it helps a lot and they will eat almost anything really. Georgie can be a bit difficult at times if she is tired or ill, but on the whole she loves to see that she has the same thing as us and enjoys the family time together sat up at the table. It sounds like it is working with Little Mr too so I hope that continues!

Some lovely photos in this post :-)

P.S. I am too scared to get my caterpillar eyebrows threaded!

23/02/2014 at 9:36 pm
  • Reply Amanda

Must be a relief for your husband to finally have a diagnoses and some treatment, lack of sleep is horrendous. And yay for getting some time for yourself, we all need a little pampering now and then

23/02/2014 at 9:41 pm
  • Reply Pippa Ainsworth

Sounds like you’ve got lots sorted out this week! Glad you’re husband has been for a diagnosis and, hopefully the c-Pap machine will make things better. Scary stuff though!

23/02/2014 at 10:05 pm
  • Reply Donna

Such a lovely happy post! It sounds like you desperately needed the week off and had a lovely week too! :)

23/02/2014 at 10:11 pm
  • Reply The Reading Residence

Sounds like such a huge relief to be making progress with your husband’s sleep. And progress with the shower would be my idea of bliss, too! We bought Little Man’s first shoes just after his 1st year injections, too – he screamed the place down, as with hindsight, having a stranger come at him and grab his legs again probably made him suspicious he was about to be injected once more! Oh well, he loves his shoes now :)

24/02/2014 at 8:37 am
  • Reply laura redburn

i love having productive weeks! not been feeling at all productive or motivated lately though, ugh!

24/02/2014 at 8:44 am
  • Reply Mummy Glitzer

What a wonderfully productive week! It must feel amazing to have a diagnosis for your hubby and I am so pleased that c-pap has made such a difference. x

24/02/2014 at 9:11 am
  • Reply Keri-Anne

glad your husband got it sorted. I am sure mine has something similar. He will hold his breath for 30 seconds at a time and then gasp for air and he is always tired and wakes up feeling groggy. I have a feeling it is the same thing so i shall be sending him to the doctor now! x

24/02/2014 at 9:41 am
  • Reply Capture by Lucy

Wow you packed so much in and so lovely to beta bit of me time in too! I am with you being a working mama at the moment is slowly making me go mad! Who needs sleep right?! In fact on Sunday I posted a podcast about my quest for balance! Would love some tips ;) xx #Whatsthestory

24/02/2014 at 9:47 am
  • Reply anna

It must be such a relief to get so many things sorted out especially your husband getting the diagnosis he needs!

24/02/2014 at 11:06 am
  • Reply Mummy of Two

Sounds like a very busy week! It is so difficult getting the balance right with work isn’t it. Your husband’s condition sounds very worrying but it is good he is getting help with it now – I hope it continues to improve.

24/02/2014 at 11:31 am
  • Reply suzanne3childrenandit

Wow, what a relief to get that diagnosis for your husband! The contraption looks quite something, but if it helps him to sleep then it’s so worth it. Sounds look you’ve had a busy week all round :)

24/02/2014 at 11:36 am
  • Reply Jen aka The Mad House

That is such good news about your falla and the CPAP. We all eat together and always have., it makes for children that are pretty adventurous food wise!

24/02/2014 at 11:49 am
  • Reply Angela Spicer

You’ve had a really productive week. Good to hear things are getting sorted little by little

24/02/2014 at 12:46 pm
  • Reply Sonya Cisco

Glad your husband is getting such an immediate improvement. I find that my toddler eats best at the weekends when we can all eat together, such a shame that work gets in the way of that in the week.

24/02/2014 at 1:02 pm
  • Reply You Baby Me Mummy

I’m so glad that your hubby got help, sounds awful! x

24/02/2014 at 1:51 pm
  • Reply Charlotte

i love this post, weekly photo roundups are such a fab idea. lovely pics & I’m glad the CPAP is working xx

24/02/2014 at 2:15 pm
  • Reply Sara (@mumturnedmom)

That sounds like a wonderfully productive and positive week! Great photos, and fabulous that the CPAP has made such a difference so quickly x #WhatstheStory

24/02/2014 at 3:28 pm
  • Reply Charly Dove

Oh my goodness what a week. You must be so relieved you have a diagnosis for your husband and there is something that can be done. He must feel so much better having got some sleep this week. Such a huge leap in the right direction. Having a shower must have felt wonderful, I remember mine did after I broke my wrist and there was bath after bath! Here’s to a good week this week. Thank you so much for sharing with #whatsthestory

24/02/2014 at 3:58 pm
  • Reply Aisha from expatlog

Jeez, I need a lie-down after just reading that! Glad you got to the bottom of your husband’s sleep issues – getting them to the doctor is half the problem!

24/02/2014 at 4:23 pm
  • Reply Model mummy

Hello!
    Loved reading about your fab week. Very productive.
    The sleep apnea is very worrying but glad you may have found a solution.
    Your hair and brows look great!
    That week off was just what you needed!

24/02/2014 at 4:59 pm
  • Reply Caroline (BecomingaSAHM)

It’s great to feel like you’ve got some things done and made some positive steps forward isn’t it? I fixed 3 punctures today – one on a buggy wheel and 2 of monkey’s balls – only small things but felt like a real achievement as they’ve needed doing for ages! Thanks so much for the mention too, and I am very glad to hear he ate all his dinner! Fingers crossed you can nip the cheeky fussy eating in the bud! :) xx

24/02/2014 at 5:40 pm
  • Reply Katie Albury

Such a lovely idea for a post!
    My Dad has sleep apnoea and once he got used to sleeping with the mask (he finds he has to be on the brink of sleep before putting on the mask) he was much happier as he was getting the sleep he was (really really bear with a sore head) was lacking. Oh and obviously will now save his life! Mum find it difficult to sleep with the noise of the machine so uses ear plugs :( Good luck with everything there!
    Katie x

24/02/2014 at 5:47 pm
  • Reply agatapokutycka

Sounds like a very busy week but a lot of things got done, which is great.
    We had a lazy one… for a change…

24/02/2014 at 5:51 pm
  • Reply Nell@PigeonPairandMe.com

Wow, you’ve achieved loads this half-term! And what a relief it must be for you and your husband to have found out why he sleeps so badly. Pretty scary stuff, though.

24/02/2014 at 6:52 pm
  • Reply Pinkoddy

What a very motivational post. I am so glad your hubby has been diagnosed and has the machine which is making a difference. I just love selfie taking with the kids, it really is a lot of fun isn’t it :)

24/02/2014 at 7:38 pm
  • Reply Hellie's Corner

Gosh your hubby’s condition sound scary, good to hear that he’s had such a fast improvement. Busy week around. Our car failed it MOT last week, luckily just on a front tyre.

24/02/2014 at 8:00 pm
  • Reply Globalmouse

Gosh the sleep apnoea sounds really scary. Thank goodness it’s diagnosed though and it sounds like it’s made all the difference to both of you. Hope sleep comes more readily to both of you at night now for better days!

24/02/2014 at 8:44 pm
  • Reply Vicky (@aroundandupsidedown)

Wow – what an eventful week! GL with the C-Pap machine. My SIL had one before she had gastric bypass surgery which cured the sleep apnoea. Love the silly selfies too :-)

24/02/2014 at 9:01 pm
  • Reply Iona@redpeffer

Wow, there have been some fairly major things you addressed over half term by the sound of it. You must have been exhausted and no wonder you’ve found the work/life balance tough going. I really hope everything continues to move forward and for what it’s worth we always eat together as a family. I have one fussy eater and one great eater but even if we’re eating different food we eat it together. I may graze incessantly later in the evening but I think it’s important to eat together!

24/02/2014 at 9:44 pm
  • Reply Sam @happyhomebird

Always a relief to get to the bottom of a health condition and I hope your husband’s sleep continues to improve. Our car was very similar recently and needed all sorts for the MOT -so costly :(

What a gorgeous little boy you have x

24/02/2014 at 9:55 pm
  • Reply Kizzy

So pleased to hear that your husband is feeling much better. Sounds like a fun week!

25/02/2014 at 5:37 am
  • Reply Emma (My Little 3 and Me)

Oh my goodness! What a good job hubby went to the doctors. I hope they can get on top of his condition now. Good luck. :-)

25/02/2014 at 11:58 am
    • Reply Emma Shilton

I’m so relieved I nagged him. Nagging is good!

25/02/2014 at 9:22 pm
  • Reply Emily @amummytoo

Gosh, obstructive sleep apnoea sounds scary. Glad it diagnosed though and that you have the CPAP. x

25/02/2014 at 1:10 pm
  • Reply The 40 Year Old Domestic Goddess

Crickey what a busy week you have had, glad Hubby has it all sorted. Nothing like a bit of organisation to make you feel on top of everything xx

25/02/2014 at 1:49 pm
  • Reply Cass@frugalfamily

Busy busy week ;-)

Great news about your husband’s diagnosis – just shows we only nag because we care lol

25/02/2014 at 5:29 pm
    • Reply Emma Shilton

Thanks Cass, you’re so right! Nagging is good :)

25/02/2014 at 8:47 pm
  • Reply Hannah | MakeDo&Push

I’m so glad you’ve had a good week! It sounded like you needed that “me” time (don’t we all!)

Thanks so much for linking up to #TWTWC xx

25/02/2014 at 6:25 pm
    • Reply Emma Shilton

Thank you Hannah, it was just what I needed! x

25/02/2014 at 8:38 pm
  • Reply Kirsty Hijacked By Twins

I love the silly selfies they are often my favourite pictures! Pleased you have some answers and have help for your hubby, it must have been a worry for you before he got the c pap #blogclub

05/03/2014 at 11:49 am
  • Reply oana79

Oh, so good to hear your hubby’s sleep got sorted, sleep is essential for functioning properly and he is on the mend, hurray for him and you all! #blogclub

05/03/2014 at 2:51 pm
  • Reply LearnerMother

What a great week you’ve had – time with family, time for you, AND a whole lot of annoying jobs done! Good for you, hope the C-Pap continues its magic! #blogclub

05/03/2014 at 3:42 pm
  • Reply Laura

I’m glad to hear that things are looking better with regards to your hubby’s sleeping #blogclub

05/03/2014 at 7:55 pm
  • Reply Sonia

Sounds like the c-pap machine is really helping already, my ex had sleep apnea too, I’d never heard of it at the time but it’s surprising how common it is, My oldest son was tested for it when he was 8 – boy was that a long night ;)

05/03/2014 at 7:58 pm
  • Reply Jo @ 3 Kids and a Gluestick

That sounds like an awesome week! It is great when things fall into place isn’t it :-) xx

05/03/2014 at 9:03 pm
  • Reply Vicky Myers

What a productive week, and so pleased you managed to squeeze some time in for you:)

05/03/2014 at 10:15 pm
  • Reply drivers daily log

I think that you know how difficult could the essay accomplishing be. Nevertheless, you shouldn’t be disappointed, just because the custom writing services present the custom essay and there’s not a problem to buying essay papers and be totally satisfied.

28/04/2014 at 8:03 am
  • I'd love to hear from you!