Little Mr’s first…. toothypeg

03/08/2013
little mr's firsts

My gorgeous Little Mr has been teething for a good few weeks now. His hand is always in his mouth and the amount of dribble one small baby can produce is incredible!

Imagine my surprise after an awful nights sleep (possibly due to the unbearable heat in our hotel room, a different routine and unfamiliar surroundings) that when I gave Little Mr a kiss goodbye on Friday morning I noticed a little sliver of white poking out of his mouth. Yes. A tooth. My Little Mr has cut his first tooth. It’s on the bottom gum right at the front and I didn’t see that one coming. I’ve been watching his upper gums as I can see teeth under the surface but didn’t spot that one at all. No wonder he’s been a bit grumpy!

tooth2

In the space of a day and a half, the toothypeg has already come through quite a bit and I’m glad to say that today Little Mr has been quite chilled out and back to his usual self. He’s drunk a bit more than the last few days too so I’m pleased with that.

We’ve got several teethers for Little Mr to use but he doesn’t put them in his mouth much. He’d much rather have a hand or his bib in there instead. We have put a couple of toys filled with gel in the fridge to see whether the coolness of the toy would help but he hasn’t took to it yet. He does prefer fridge cold milk too. I guess it’s nice and cooling on his gums.

I’m well stocked up on teething granules, teething gel, good old calpol and liquid ibroprufen (obviously I don’t use them on him all at once) but so far we’ve got through the screams with calpol and granules. I’m sure it’s only going to be a matter of time now until the others start popping through which will be… fun!

• Reply amanda walsh 03/08/2013 at 9:52 pm

Awww looks cute :) HAve you tried anbesol gel, I loved that for teething. Also if little man likes to chew bit take a look at cheekychomers.com they do bibs with teethers on the end x

• Reply Bex @ The Mummy Adventure 03/08/2013 at 10:46 pm

Aww, Archie is teething badly too and fingers seem to be teethers of choice over an actual toy. I am dreading the first tooth but once they have broken the surface it is fine.

• Reply Carie 03/08/2013 at 11:24 pm

Aww we’ll done him! My Elma’s nearly 8 months and we’re still waiting – poor girl seems most likely to dig them out with her fingers!

• Reply Helen Gallery 05/08/2013 at 8:58 pm

Aw thats great :) my girls were both 6 mths old when they got their first tooth, and i’m sure my son will be the same. We have had a few restless nights too recently, and i can sympathise. Mine didnt take to the gel filled toys either, but Sophie the Giraffe was a hit. I had an amber teething nexklace for my middlest and i swear she wasn’t as bad as the eldest. Little man is inheriting it now, mch to his sister’s disgust, as they dont make them for babies anymore (tho you can get anklets i believe)
    Wish i could offer more advice but its a guessing game what will work :( teetha granules and brufen sorted us out last night tho!

• Reply Jaime Oliver 06/08/2013 at 1:00 am

awww I so remember this well and it seems to creep up on your doesnt it! i do hope his next ones are not too painful.

thank you for linking up with #MagicMoments its so lovely to have you linked up x

• Reply Alice @ Mums Make Lists 15/08/2013 at 4:32 pm