Another month of 2018 gone, April was a lovely month for us looking back. We have had lots of opportunities to spend time with loved ones with a family wedding, a milestone wedding anniversary for my Nan and Grandad (they celebrated 60 years married) and a number of birthdays too!
Here’s what we have enjoyed throughout April
This month, Mummy has;
- loved the warm weather (the brief glimpse of Summer)
- loved seeing friends and catching up whilst wishing they all lived closer for more regular chats and drinks
- loved getting the boys dressed up for the family wedding
- finally had the wisdom tooth from hell taken out at the dental hospital
- enjoyed celebrating her Nan and Grandads 60th wedding anniversary with them and seeing their anniversary card from the Queen.
- been binge watching Orange Is The New Black on Netflix and loving it! (I am always late to the boxset party)
This month, Olly has;
- enjoyed the Easter holidays and had two weeks of fun including the hotel stay, seeing family, a day out with Nanny and Grandad Shilton and making Easter nests with Nanny Cooper.
- achieved Star of the Week for going into school for a whole week without tears! This might not be a huge thing for some, but for Olly this is an enormous leap in his confidence and we’re so proud of him.
- loved going to the British Touring Car Championships at Donington Park with his Daddy and Grandad Cooper. His favourite part of the day was when he saw the pit lanes and he could see all the action going on behind the scenes.
This month, Freddie has;
- enjoyed his first dip in the swimming pool at Crewe Hall
- had his 12 week vaccinations which he did not like one little bit
- learnt that he likes the taste of his own hands
- started Baby Massage and a Baby Sparklers course with his little mate Freddie.
- gone into 3-6 month old baby clothes
This month, Greg has;
- enjoyed his birthday and was treated to lots of lovely presents including the Lego Saturn V rocket space rocket, clothes and money
- loved spending time with the family at his cousins wedding
- enjoyed the boys day out at Donington Park with Olly and his father-in-law.
- celebrated a rare Walsall FC win against Northampton.
Whilst there were lots of family get togethers and opportunities for ‘Me and Mine’ photographs this month, I’ve not really felt like having them taken. I know why, I’m not liking my own reflection at the moment. My favourite clothes are too tight and I don’t feel comfortable in anything I wear. I’m working on it though and promise to take more in May as memories for my boys. After all, this face of mine, is what they see each and every day and often from the most unflattering angles (Freddie, I’m looking at you!) but they still love me for me and I need to remember that!
May is set to be another fantastic month for us all. We have more family birthdays and days out planned as well as rounding off the month with Freddie’s first family holiday. Lots to look forward too! Have a wonderful May..x