Little Mr’s sleep habits have, of late been quite temperamental. One night he will sleep blissfully through and I have to wake him up in the morning and the next, he’ll battle tirelessly with his eyelids and wake up two or three times through the night. I’m assured it’s just a phase and I’m desperately holding on to the fact that this isn’t a permanent thing (I really hope it isn’t anyway!)
Over the last 3 months, I’ve probably survived on around 5 hours sleep (on a good night) and when you’re a busy working Mummy, you just have to get on with it. I’m fully aware that some parents out there get less sleep than I do on a very regular basis and for that, you have my complete respect.
Here’s how I cope:
– Set an alarm to go off repeatedly over a ten minute time period in the morning to make sure you get up!
– Drink a large cup of coffee (brew up a cup of coffee using a coffee machine first thing and the caffeine will perk you up)
– Eat a decent breakfast full of slow releasing energy (bananas and porridge oats are good)
– Use eye drops on tired eyes to refresh them and keep them moist
– Drink plenty of water throughout the day
– Take a brisk walk in the fresh air to blow out the cobwebs, keeping active will help you stay alert
– Keep busy and don’t sit down on the sofa (you’ll fall asleep if you do!)
– If you find yourself snapping at someone, it’s probably the tiredness talking. Take deep breaths and go for a walk.
– Get an early night
I love my sleep so it’s tough getting through the night on so little shut eye. I’m really looking forward to the nights where I can get more sleep and enjoy the feeling of being refreshed each morning.
How do you battle through the day on very little sleep? I’d love to hear your top tips!
*This is a sponsored post