October has whizzed by and we’re already on the countdown to Christmas. Or is that just me? October was one of my favourite months with the weather turning slightly cooler and Autumn magically creating beautiful landscapes with oranges, reds and browns. We’ve had a busy month cramming in as much as we can (as usual) and a really busy half term. I’m writing this on the morning of the last day of the holiday and I can’t believe we’ve come to the end of it so quickly again.
Here’s what we all enjoyed or got up to in the month of October 2019.
- been down to Bude in Cornwall to help with a family bereavement
- enjoyed taking walks in the park and seeing the beautiful arrangement of flowers scattered on the floor like a carpet
- loved walking on the beach in Lytham St Annes
- enjoyed Disney On Ice at Arena Birmingham
- got plans to shed the excess weight ahead of a family wedding in 2020 (SO EXCITED!)
- been a bit stressed this month and has been a shouty Mummy more than I would like. November will be a better month.
- bravely been whizzed around in a boat on the ice in front of thousands of people at Disney On Ice with his best friend
- had a brilliant parents evening and is really enjoying Year Two
- lost his third big tooth and looks so different
- enjoyed half term playing with his cousin and carving pumpkins at his Nanny’s house
- loved seeing the Illuminations in Blackpool and winning a keyring on the 2p machines in Coral Island.
- loved his new phonics class each week
- sat still for his first ever siblings photograph taken in school
- enjoyed mornings in the park with Mummy and his friends
- loved decorated Halloween biscuits with Mummy and Olly and loved helping Olly prepare his pumpkin for carving.
- enjoyed jumping in puddles on the beach at St Annes On Sea.
- enjoyed the freedom of his university work with visits to his trainees out on their school placements
- loved the Rugby World Cup
- enjoyed the boys weekend when Mummy was in Bude and took the boys to Legoland Discovery Centre in Birmingham.
- enjoyed a few days of annual leave with the family
November is here and it’s my birthday month. I’ll be celebrating the year I’ve had and having the privilege of growing older. We always take it for granted and some hate growing old but it’s a day that’s never guaranteed for any of us and should be celebrated. We’re having some work done in the house, we have some Christmas preview events booked in, the promise of a girls weekend in the Lake District and another day trip down to Cornwall. Have a great November!