What a summer we’ve had! August has been a really busy month for us with the school holidays in full swing. We started off the month in the sunshine in Gran Canaria. We stayed in Maspalomas to the south of the island and it was a really nice break. It was also a very full on week as you can’t relax with an 18 month old toddler around so there was very little lounging by the pool and instead there was trips to the splash park, afternoon naps in the apartment and dancing at the children’s mini disco. Since we’ve been home, it’s been a busy few weeks with various days out, seeing friends and family and enjoying the beautiful weather.
- enjoyed going to the BTCC weekend at Thruxton in Hampshire. He was lucky enough to go in to the VIP hospitality tent courtesy of Cataclean and Kwik Fit where he met Adam Morgan and Dan Rowbottom who drive for Ciceley Motorsports. It was a fantastic weekend as he got to sit in the team garage for qualifying and watched the races trackside.
- loved going to see the horses at Wolverhampton Racecourse
- enjoying splashing in the pool on holiday
- loved going down to London on the train for the Marvel Universe Live Superhero event.
- really loved learning how to make pizza with Nico from Piccolino in Birmingham.
- being so brave and put his fears aside and tried out ice skating with the Disney On Ice professional skaters. He was super brave and I was so proud of him for trying it when he was adamant he didn’t want to.
- loved going to darts with his Daddy on a Monday evening. He’s only allowed to go in the school holidays as a treat and really enjoys going and seeing friends he’s made over the years.
- really enjoyed afternoon tea at Hampton Manor with Disney On Ice. It was a launch event for the Disney on Ice tour coming to Arena’s this Autumn.
- loved the bank holiday barbecue we had with our friends. The weather was brilliant and we spent such a long time in the back garden. Olly and I even laid down in the garden to watch the stars twinkle and I saw 2 shooting stars. It was a fantastic evening.
- struggled with parenting on a couple of occasions this summer, it’s been hard work with both boys and I really admire anyone who has more than two kids!
- really loved wearing more dresses this summer and wants to wear them more often going into September.
- been very proud to be the guest parenting editor of Blogosphere magazine. It was a definite career highlight.
- is really keen to get back on the weightloss wagon and cannot wait to feel healthier again. I am hating photographs of myself and feel really uneasy being in photographs but am forcing myself to do it for my boys.
- enjoyed visiting Adventure Street and dressing up as a firefighter. He loved putting on the uniform and (pretend) driving the fire engine. It was a fantastic role play activity centre and a must if you’ve got little ones in the West Midlands area.
- loved the spontaneous playdates he’s had with his little mate Freddie in the garden making the most of the sunshine.
- taken his first couple of flights on an airplane. He sat on Mummy’s lap the whole way there and back and was very interested in everything!
- loved spending time with his family this summer, in particular he loved spending time with his cousin and Nanny in London.
- enjoyed the boys weekend away to Thruxton. They both had VIP passes trackside and they had a fantastic view of the racing. They were both blown away by the hospitality and it has strengthened their love for the BTCC.
- loved taking the boys to Birmingham Airport for a couple of hours to watch the planes take off and land.
- loved the foam party that our hotel put on for guests. It was so much fun and really took us back to the early 00’s when foam parties were all the rage in clubs abroad and at home.
It’s been a very busy summer with pretty much all our days spent out of the house. We’ve had a few rest days at home which have been very welcome and much needed. We’re all a little bit tired and cannot wait for the routine of school to kick in again. Freddie will be going to playgroup with his Nanny and I’ll be trying to figure out how I can be a stay-at-home, work-from-home Mummy whilst trying to entertain an active 19 month old without losing the plot!
September is all about getting back into routine, earlier nights for the boys, meal planning and doing more activities with Freddie during the day. So far, my other plans for September include going to London for a stationery social workshop hosted by Martha Brook (I paid for my ticket) and off to a local spa for afternoon tea. It’s looking like an exciting month ahead. Have a good September!