April has been a really good month for my tribe. We have had the Easter holidays and Olly’s had a couple of weeks on school holidays. I think we were all counting down to the Easter break for a couple of weeks of downtime, no rushing around to do the school run, no strict bedtime routines and a lazier start to the day.
We decided to go on holiday to Cornwall for a week during Easter, it was a chance to go to the seaside and enjoy the beach, see some new Cornish sights and let the boys enjoy the freedom of the countryside. We booked a beautiful lodge in Dobwalls, Cornwall which was perfect for our needs. It was a self-catering holiday and ideal as a base to explore the Cornish coast.
Here’s what we have enjoyed this month..
- Loved being away on holiday with her family
- Really enjoyed seeing her friend Pippa and her family whilst in Looe, Cornwall
- panicked bought lots of outfits for the summer for her and the boys whilst we had the sunshine over Easter Bank Holiday weekend.
- Loved watching the waves lap up on the beach in St Ives. It’s so calming.
- Decided she wants to redecorate the whole house so it is fresh, white and easy to accessorise
- Worked on some brilliant campaigns this month including the Smarter Energy GB campaign on instagram and a potentially mindset changing campaign with Modius.
- Enjoyed seeing the British Touring Car Championship meet at Donnington
- being spoilt this month for his birthday
- Enjoyed seeing Above and Beyond in London (I bought him the tickets for Christmas)
- Loved relaxing in the hot tub at the lodge with a cold beer enjoying the sunset
- Been to Kidstropolis with his Nanny and Grandad which they all really enjoyed
- Enjoyed making sandcastles on the beach with his Daddy
- Loved going to ThinkTank and seeing stars in the Planetarium
- Enjoyed hunting for shells and other sealife on the beach
- been given all the chocolate Easter eggs and is a very lucky boy!
- Loved having the freedom on the beach to walk about
- Seen wild rabbits and a duck with her little chicks at the lodge in Cornwall
- Enjoyed the Easter egg hunt at the lodge on Easter Sunday. So much so, he found an egg and began to eat it straight away
- seemingly aged loads over the last few weeks. He’s so much steadier on his feet and he’s brilliant at walking around now.
As we head into May, we’ll be settling back into school / worklife routine and focussing on homelife a bit more as we hope to declutter and sort out all the baby stuff I have been holding on to for too long (I am far too sentimental but it has to go!) There’s a big wedding anniversary coming up as well as more family birthdays to enjoy. Have a lovely May!