*Ad – Product Review
Babies grow so quickly and if you’ve got a car you’ll want to make sure that their car seat is safe and comfortable for them to use at all times. In recent months, Freddie (our one year old) has grown out of his current car seat and so it was time for an upgrade. The Britax Römer DUALFIX M i-Size car seat was the perfect choice for us as we wanted a car seat that would last him for a few years at least, here’s how we have found it.
The Britax Römer DUALFIX M i-Size car seat is based on the popular award-winning DUALFIX i-Size. Whereas the DUALFIX I-Size is suitable from birth, the DUALFIX M i-Size is suitable for children with heights from 61 to 105cm (3 months to 4 years old) giving parents more choice and better value for money.
Key features of the DUALFIX M i-Size car seat
The DUALFIX M i-Size is packed with brilliant award-winning features that together make for a fantastic seat for babies and young children.
- 360° rotation – the car seat rotates on it’s fixed ISOFIX base so that you can get your child out of the car with ease. With just a push of a button, the car seat easily swivels around and you can get the child out of the car seat facing you at the passenger door. It rotates both ways so which ever side you install the car seat in your car, you can easily get your child in and out.
- Seat grows with the child – suitable from 61cm to 105cm (approximately 3 months to 4 years old) and the seat can be adjusted to provide an ergonomic fit.
- Multiple recline positions – gone are the days when you worry about your child being uncomfortable as their head falls forward when they’re asleep, the DUALFIX M i-Size can be reclined in 12 different positions (rearward and forward facing) to make their journey home, a super comfortable (and safe) one.
- Extended rearward-facing travel – we all know travelling rearward facing is safest for our children and Britax Römer have identified this as a requirement from their customers. The DUALFIX M i-Size offers extended rearward facing travel up to 105cm which is approximately 4 years of age, the adjustable rebound bar can be adjusted to provide more legroom for taller children.
- Forward facing travel – Alternatively, the DUALFIX M i-Size can be used for forward facing travel when children are 76cm tall (approximately 15 months old).
How we found it
We have installed the DUALFIX M i-Size car seat in my car and it’s been so useful. It’s relatively easy to install although it is heavy so shouldn’t be moved from car to car often (in my opinion). Being a work from home Mum, I often take Freddie out in the car during the day to the supermarket or to visit friends, knowing he has a safe and comfortable seat to relax in for the journey is really reassuring for me. Freddie sits really well in his seat and on longer car journeys often falls asleep which is a testament to the seat’s comfiness.
The DUALFIX M i-Size is really simple to install in your car just make sure you don’t lock yourself in like I did thanks to the child locks I have put on my rear passenger doors!) I really rate ISOFIX and feel reassured when travelling with Freddie in the car as he is in the safest car seat possible for his age and stage of life. This safety is further enhanced by the five point harness and the padded side wings and SICT (Side Impact Technology) which act as a protective cocoon, absorbing potential force from a side impact.
We have been using the DUALFIX M i-Size car seat in my car for a few months now and we love it. It’s so easy to use and it’s the ideal choice for Freddie. The car seat has a quick remove cover which is handy since we all know what toddlers are like with snacks and drinks in the car!
The DUALFIX M i-SIZE is exclusively available at Mothercare and is available in Cosmos Black, Wine Rose, Moonlight Blue, Storm Grey and Blue Marble.
The DUALFIX M i-Size car seat is priced from £350 and in my opinion, is a great value for money purchase. How many times do you put your children in their car seats? This car seat lasts until the child is approximately 4 years old. If you used every day for 4 years, you’ll have definitely had value for money.
Disclosure: We are Britax Römer Mumbassadors and were sent the product free of charge to review. All words and images are my own.