*Post sponsored by Frylight
It’s that time of year when we’re all turning to healthier versions of our favourite calorie-laden meals which means cooking from scratch in the kitchen. One of the ways we’ll be saving on the calories in our favourite meals is by ensuring we use Frylight as an everyday alternative to using any cooking oils or fats. With just one calorie per spray compared to 120 per tbsp of your regular oil, it’s a very small and easy change to make and one that will help you save time in the kitchen too! One of our favourite recipes to cook up in the week is Chicken Fajitas which is quick and easy to make and the whole family can enjoy it.
How to make Chicken Fajitas
Takes 15-20 minutes
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 peppers
- 1 large onion
- Fajita seasoning
- Frylight (we used Sunflower Oil cooking variety)
- 4 Tortilla wraps
For filling (optional)
- Shredded Lettuce
- Slice the chicken breasts into small slices
- Chop up the peppers and onions into strips
- Turn on the hob
- Using Frylight in a cold frying pan, spritz 5-6 times to cover the pan
- Let the Frylight heat up on a medium heat in the frying pan until it turns clear
- Cook the chicken through
- Add the peppers and onions and cook through for 5-7 minutes
- Add fajita seasoning (use as much or as little as you like depending on your taste)
- Cook through ensuring all the meat and chicken pieces are covered in seasoning
- Move cooked mixture into a serving dish
- Microwave tortillas for 30 seconds to warm through
- Place one tortilla on a plate and load with cooked mixture.
- Add favourite accompaniments (we love guacamole and salsa)
- Serve and enjoy
Using Frylight in your cooking will help save up to 95% less fat and hidden calories in traditional cooking oils and fats. There’s just one calorie per spray of Frylight meaning that a whole recipe such as Chicken Fajitas is at least 120 calories less than using your typical pouring oil and that’s a saving I know I’d rather make. Frylight is naturally low in saturates, contains no cholesterol, and in dispensing via a pump action spray controls the amount of oil distributed. There’s no artificial ingredients either so you know exactly what is in your meal.
Frylight is available in eight different varieties including Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil and Garlic Oil so there’s something to suit everyone’s tastes. To find out more how Frylight can help you save on hidden calories visit www.frylight.co.uk.
Disclosure: This post has been sponsored by Frylight but all words and photographs are my own.