What a month! December was a whirlwind of Christmas prep and home renovations, travelling at weekends and spending time with family but when Christmas finally came, it was a really lovely few days and we all enjoyed the down time from work and the hectic home life we’ve become custom. But let me tell you, for the record, Christmas celebrations with an 11 month old baby is not relaxing at all! Babies crave routine, they need peace and quiet for naps and their usual bedtimes, all of which we struggled to get whilst being with family this Christmas. Never the less, it’s been an experience and we have enjoyed various elements of it all.
This month Mummy has
- enjoyed Olly’s Year One Carol Concert at school. Olly stood proudly on the stage and sang so well with his classmates, I was very proud and may have shed a tear watching him perform.
- loved watching the boys open their Christmas gifts. Olly loved his presents and Freddie didn’t really have a clue what was going on but loved playing with the shiny bits of paper.
- worked really hard on blog stuff with brands and is particularly proud of these pieces of work; Bacofoil / Aldi Mamia / Discover Telford
- finally got the office looking like a home office complete with shelving, desks, storage and pretty bits and pieces. An office tour is to follow!
This month Olly has
- loved everything about Christmas. Seeing family and friends, opening all the gifts, staying up late, eating buffet and far too many Bourbon biscuits!
- enjoyed the hot tub at the glamping lodge in Shrewsbury
- tried ice skating for the first time ever (I don’t think he’ll do it again but he went out of his comfort zone and tried it so I’m really proud of him)
- lost another tooth.
This month Freddie has
- turned 11 months old
- enjoyed his first ever Christmas and spent time with family and friends lapping up all the attention, avoiding naps and playing with new toys.
- cut four new teeth and hasn’t been particularly happy about it.
- loved spending time with his Uncles in London
- decided that sleeping through the night is so last month, yawn!
This month Daddy has
- enjoyed spending time with family and friends over Christmas
- building flatpack to finish off the bathroom and the home office.
- won the League and the Cup Double with his Darts team, well done lads!
- finally got his phone upgraded after being very patient and spending six months with a cracked screen!
That’s it, Me and Mine completed for another year. It has been the most fantastic year for us personally with the safe arrival of our beautiful boy Freddie. I’ve LOVED being at home with the boys and putting aside any free time I may have had (ha!) to concentrate on working for myself. There have been challenges, travels and adventures, Disney and Diabetes, it seems we’ve had quite a year!