*A collaborative post
The summer holidays may be over but that doesn’t mean the fun has to stop. Did you know that in the parks around Birmingham there’s still plenty of fun to be had. ParkLives is a free and easy way for you and your family to take part in a range of fantastic family friendly outdoor activities in the heart of local communities.
ParkLives offers a variety of activities for the whole family to take part in and best of all they’re absolutely free to take part in. Anyone and everyone can sign up to take part, all you need to do is check out the ParkLives website to find your local venue and to see when the next session is being held.
Ever fancied trying out Zumba? Well you can at Billesley Common on Saturday mornings. What about Tai Chi? There’s a session on Sunday at Lickey Hills Country Park. From Social Nordic Walking to Swingfit, Badminton to Football there really is something for everyone to try out and take part in.
Why take part in a ParkLives activity?
- It’s completely free. All you need to do is wear comfortable clothing and take a drink along
- You’ll get the chance to meet new friends
- Get outdoors and enjoy the fresh air
- It’s fun to try out new activities and perhaps find a new hobby
I’ve had a look at the ParkLives schedule for the next few weeks and there’s some fantastic activities on. Here’s a selection of some of the activities I’d love to try out.
- Family Fun at Calthorpe Park – Sunday between 3pm and 5pm – try out rounders, badminton, cricket, archery and tennis. The Family Fun event runs at other parks too including Ward End Park.
- Social Bike Ride in Cotteridge Park – Monday from 6:30pm until 7:30pm – bring your bike along and enjoy social riding amongst Birmingham’s parks and canals green routes.
- Zumba at Handsworth Park – Sunday between 2:30pm and 3:30pm – join in and dance an hour away picking up moves including Salsa, Samba and Mambo.
All you need to do to join in the fun is go to the ParkLives website and enter your postcode to find out a whole host of free activities in your area. Sign up to register your interest and turn up to the event on the day. It’s free and easy to do and a fantastic way to get out and try something new, meet friends and enjoy yourself.
For more information, head over to www.parklives.com