The end of July is here, I can’t believe how quickly this year is going. Seven months done, five left of the year. Crazy! We have had a fantastic July, it’s been busy with the end of Reception year at school as well as a brilliantly busy blog month for me!
This month, Mummy has;
- fallen in love with the confetti fields in Wick. It was beautiful to walk through and I wish I had taken more beautiful photographs but it was such a hot day and we were practically baking in the afternoon heat so only managed one loop of the field.
- loved the hot weather, long may it continue!
- loved working with Mumsnet on two campaigns; Mama Mio and Muller Anniversary Games. I got to go down to London with my boys and I really enjoyed both campaigns.
- loved the garden transformation and how nice it is to be able to sit in the sunshine whilst the boys play.
- enjoyed Afternoon Tea with her Grandparents and her Mom and Sister. We went to the Laura Ashley Tea Room in Solihull and it was lovely to spend time with everyone.
This month, Olly has;
- lost his first baby tooth. It only came out yesterday after a few weeks of it getting more and more wobbly every day and it did freak him out a little bit but he was fine once the bleeding had stopped.
- took part in his school Sports Day even though he didn’t really enjoy it.
- finished Reception year at school
- visited the new Birmingham Legoland Discovery Centre and making cars out of lego.
- loved visiting London Transport Museum in Covent Garden
This month, Greg has;
- enjoyed a week off work and making the most of the hot weather.
- has worked hard in the garden with his Dad laying artificial grass. It has transformed our back garden and how we use it.
- loved taking the boys out on his own for the afternoon so Mummy could work.
- enjoyed visiting Cadbury World and getting his hands on a bag of mis-shapes in the factory shop.
This month, Freddie has;
- turned six months old. Wahhhhh!
- started weaning. He loves his food and is enjoying more and more flavours every day. Mummy however, isn’t keen on the mess but is trying to be relaxed about it.
- had his first ride on a tube train
- enjoyed a dip in the paddling pool with his Daddy and his brother.
August means the school holidays are here and Olly has the whole month off school. It’s only the second time I’ve had the whole of August off work since I was a student (the first time was when I was off on maternity with Olly) so I intend to make the most of it. We’re away for some of the month but then back home to attempt to get some of the home DIY projects started. I’m planning a few days out here and there as well as days in the garden, lazy mornings and afternoons letting the boys play. I know it’s going to be hard work but it’ll be a challenge and I like to test myself, failing that I have Pimms!