June has been a really lovely month for me and my boys. We’ve got World Cup fever here and we’re loving watching all the football games on the television. Olly has really loved watching the England games and he’s been filling in his World Cup charts and finishing off his sticker books. It’s been great to see him get so enthusiastic about something.
This month, Mummy has;
- enjoyed the Garden Party at Olly’s school, the weather was beautiful
- loved the hot weather, long may it continue!
- braved the tubes in London on her own for the Muller Anniversary Games press launch
- enjoyed meeting athletes Stef Reid and Reece Prescod at the launch above, Stef especially was hugely inspirational and was such a lovely lady!
- lost the plot with Slimming World and needs to get organised to stay on track to lose the weight
- met up with Kirsty and Rachel who she has been talking to on twitter for over 6 years. It was so lovely to meet up with them, and they’re just like they are online in real life.
This month, Olly has;
- enjoyed watching England beat Panama 6-1 in the Russia World Cup and thinks England are going to win the cup (I love his optimism!)
- loved trying something new and attempting the high jump at the Athletics in Birmingham.
- enjoyed afternoons in the paddling pool after school.
- enjoyed visiting the library with school
- been recovering from his bout of chicken pox. He still has the remains of the spots 6 weeks later!
This month, Greg has;
- loved driving around Woburn Safari Park and seeing the American Black Bear casually stroll past the car.
- enjoyed meeting Linford Christie whilst at the British Athletics Championships in Birmingham.
- enjoyed watching the World Cup and thinks France are going to win the cup!
- loved spending Fathers Day with his boys
This month, Freddie has;
- made his Daddy a Fathers Day footprint card
- caught his big brothers chicken pox but thankfully only caught it very mildly so it hasn’t bothered him too much.
- moved into his cotbed and has slept like a superstar!
- started weaning and has enjoyed carrots and pea puree so far.
Looking ahead to July and we’ve not made that many plans. We have a couple of weekends with things happening. We are looking forward to going to London for the Muller Anniversary Games and we’ve got a few days out planned. Olly breaks up from school and we’ve got 6 weeks of school holidays. This is only the second ever 6 weeks holidays I’ve had off with him as I’ve always been at work so I’m really looking forward to it. I know it’ll probably be tough with both boys trying to cram in excitement and fun on my maternity pay but we’ll try and make the most of it. Enjoy July!