May has been a bit of a mixed bag for us. We’ve had family birthdays to celebrate, days out and of course our holiday to Norfolk to enjoy but we’ve also had illness (Olly first with the chicken pox then baby Freddie) and days off school combined with a lot of tiredness. However, being typically British we have made the most of it and on the whole it’s been enjoyable.
Here’s what we have enjoyed throughout May
This month, Mummy has;
- nearly finished binge watching OITNB and has loved it. I’ve not watched normal television for months but really enjoyed watching the catch up series on Netflix.
- enjoyed seeing friends and making new ones at the Bambo Nature blogger event in Northamptonshire.
- loved being away on holiday with her boys. Despite the rubbish weather, we always make the most of it and have a brilliant time!
- lost 10lb in 3 weeks with Slimming World. I appreciate it’s a tiny drop in the ocean and I have a long way to go but it’s a good start!
- enjoyed seeing family at her nephews birthday party.
This month, Olly has;
- been such a brave boy suffering with the dreaded chicken pox. He hasn’t scratched any of them in fear of them leaving a scar and whilst it has been horrendous for him, I’m so proud of how he’s coped.
- loved playing with his cars, trucks and BRIO metro and railway sets
- enjoyed spending time with his cousin splashing in the paddling pool during Bank Holiday Monday with hot and sunny weather.
This month, Greg has;
- passed another university course assignment with flying colours
- mourned the end of the football season. No more watching football until August (well except the World Cup on the TV over the Summer)
- enjoyed getting away with our boys and having some time to relax, take it slowly and play games with them.
This month, Freddie has;
- finished both his baby massage and baby sparklers classes. We had a brilliant time and made some lovely new friends.
- had his final set of injections (for a while at least, hurrah!)
- grown lots more hair. I’m not sure when I noticed but he seems to have loads of beautiful blonde hair coming through
- been to the seaside for the first time even though it was cold, very windy and very foggy!
June is looking like a quiet month with some family fun days planned, back to school for Olly and Shilts has some work trips booked in. I’m really hoping everyone is fit and well in June. No more illness please!