Freddie and I are delighted to be working with the brilliant baby brand Summer Infant this year and we’ll be taking a look at some of their baby products and how they can help parents like me as we muddle through the fog of the early baby months. Our first review is for the LIV CAM™ which is a digital video monitor ideal for keeping an eye on little ones.
The Summer Infant LIV CAM™ is a portable digital video monitor that allows the streaming of live video and audio to a smart device (including iOS and Android phones and tablets) without the need for a WIFI connection or mobile phone service. This is an ideal way to keep an eye on your little ones when you’re travelling or away from home.
What’s in the box?
In the box, there’s the LIV CAM™ which is relatively compact and the adapter which charges the monitor. There’s also an instruction leaflet with useful information on setting up the camera.
Is it quick to set up?
The LIV CAM™ is incredibly quick and easy to set up. You will need to charge the camera for 4-5 hours before using it with the adapter. Using your smart phone or tablet, download the free Liv Cam 2.0 app and it’s quick setup guide will take you through the steps to connect the camera to your phone. I have downloaded the app to my iPhone using iOS and my husband has downloaded the app to his Google Pixel which uses Android with no issues at all.
The Liv Cam 2.0 app asks you to connect the camera to the phone using it’s in built WIFI which is incredibly clever. Using the password on the bottom of the monitor, the connection was really simple, quick and easy to do.
Features we love
- The Summer Infant LIV CAM™ isn’t complicated to use.
- It has the ability to stream live video and sound to your phone which can be viewed using the free downloadable app.
- It doesn’t require WIFI or mobile phone service
- During the day, the video stream is in colour. By night it’s automatic black and white night vision.
- You can capture up to one minutes video and still photographs via the app and share these to your camera roll
- It has a remote zoom feature so you can take a closer look at your little one sleeping
- The battery life for the camera is around 3 to 4 hours so its worth always taking the adapter with you on your travels
- The camera has a suction cup mount with a height adjustable arm for easy positioning.
- There’s a fantastic 76 metre range between the camera and the app so you can go quite a distance round your home without losing connection.
The only slightly negative consideration with the LIV CAM™ is that I’ve found that the app does drain your battery on your phone so you might want to keep it plugged in or have a charger to hand for your phone or tablet. But that is the only negative thing about this baby monitor.
The Summer Infant LIV CAM™ is currently priced at £99.99 and I think it’s a brilliant price for such a unique digital video monitor that doesn’t require WIFI connection or a mobile phone service.
We’ve been using the LIV CAM™ for the last couple of weeks and so far we love it. So easy to set up and use. We’ll be using the LIV CAM™ around the house as I get used to being at home alone with Freddie and trying to get the household jobs done. It’s already given me peace of mind as I’ve left him upstairs snoozing in his crib whilst I’ve been downstairs getting a few jobs done. I’ve been able to see and hear him and it’s reassured me that he’s absolutely fine.
Disclosure: We were sent the above product for the purpose of this review. All words and images are my own and this forms an honest and unbiased review. This post contains affiliate links.