And just like that we’re done. Another month finished and another year has gone by. Where has the year gone? We’ve had a fantastic December. I’ve spent the month on annual leave from work ahead of our baby boys arrival and we’ve spent our weekends enjoying festive days out and time with the family.
Here’s what we have enjoyed throughout December
This month, Mummy has;
- loved having the month off work on annual leave. No rushing to and from work for school pick up and no more driving home in all the traffic in Birmingham!
- really enjoyed decorating the lounge for Christmas.
- absolutely loved the surprise baby shower that was thrown for us by my Sister and my Mom at my Parents house. My family and friends were there and it was so lovely to see everyone and spend the afternoon with them.
- been 34-38 weeks pregnant and is now really looking forward to meeting baby boy.
This month, Olly has;
- Performed in his Reception class Nativity and was an innkeeper. He went onto the stage with his friends and said his line perfectly. We were so proud of him.
- loved playing in the snow with his Daddy and having snowball fights and making a snowman.
- loved decorating the Pines and Needles Christmas Tree with his Daddy whilst Mummy supervised.
- enjoyed visiting Blithbury Reindeer Lodge and feeding the reindeer.
- had a wonderful Christmas and was spoilt with lots of gifts including Lego and Playmobil.
This month, Daddy has;
- loved the snowfall we had, especially as he could play in it with Olly.
- really enjoyed the annual pre-Christmas meal we had at the start of the month. It always kicks off the festivities.
- enjoyed a ride on a sleigh pulled by Alfie the Reindeer.
- loved spending time with own Dad as they enjoyed their annual festive day of shopping in Birmingham.
As we finish the year as a family of three, we’re really looking forward to what the new year brings. Our baby boy is due next month and we can begin our family adventures as a four. We hope you’ll stop by and see how we get on.
Wishing you all a Happy New Year!