If you have a friend or family member expecting a baby in the very near future, you may wish to throw them a baby shower. Hugely popular in the US, but becoming increasingly common here in the UK, baby showers are the perfect time to gather friends and family around to ‘shower’ the new Mum-to-be with gifts, love and attention. I’ve teamed up with Poppets, a family run online gift and toy store to bring to you the best gifts ideas for baby showers.
As a Mum already, I have first hand experience of being thrown a baby shower; once back in 2012 with my firstborn and very recently, for baby boy (due in 5 weeks!) I’ve also been to my fair share of baby showers in the past and always like to make sure I gift the new mum and baby with a lovely gift that I would choose for myself. I don’t tend to buy clothes as these often go unworn (new Mums receive so many clothes) so I like to buy a quality baby toy that can stand the test of time and can be played with by a growing child for many years.
Poppets is a family run, online gift and toy store. They also have a fantastic bricks and mortar shop based in Brighton too! They’ve been handpicking the best toys and gifts ideal for newborns and small children for years and stock a fantastic collection of quality brands such as Jellycat, Lamaze, Melissa and Doug and Munchkin to name just a few.
To save you the hard work, I’ve had the pleasure of browsing the online catalogue at Poppets and have compiled a list of my top ten gifts from the Poppets range ideal for gifting at a baby shower.
- From one of my favourite baby soft toy brands, this adorable Jellycat Octopus is suitable from birth and is super soft. With her eight curly and stretchy arms, little fingers will have something to grab hold of and it’s sure to make a wonderful gift for a newborn that will last for many years. RRP £19.95.
- Another beautifully soft toy suitable from birth is this Jellycat Penguin. Every little one should have their very own soft toy to grow up with and Olly picked this penguin as a gift for his baby brother. All Jellycat toys have been tested to the European Safety Standards so ideal for little ones. RRP £15.75
- Giving gifts that promote and encourage play are always an excellent idea. This Activity Spiral from Lamaze is ideal to attach to a car seat, stroller bars or a crib and is sure to grab the attention of little ones. With its bright bold colours and high contrast patterns, it’s sure to engage and intrigue. RRP £17.95.
- Another top pick from Lamaze is this Lamaze Toot Toot Toucan. With it’s bright colours and interesting textures, the toucan can be hung for fun on the go. His beak will squeak when you squeeze his beak and little fingers can explore the bead ring hanging from underneath. RRP £13.95
- Make bath time fun with these colourful Munchkin Wonder Waterway bath times. Bath time always went much better for us if there was something for baby to look at and enjoy so these bath time toys will help to do just that. Connect them together to build a waterway for water play or let little fingers play with them individually. RRP £7.25
- Poppets also stock quality wooden toys and this Touch Ring Rainbow from Heimess is brilliant. This little clutching toy is great for little hands and is sure to keep them entertained. With it’s bright colours and smooth finish, it makes the perfect wooden toy for little hands. RRP £5.95.
- A real favourite with little ones is Sophie the Giraffe and this Multi Textured Rattle is ideal for introducing little ones to different textures, shapes and colours. Little ones can easily grab hold of the rattle and shake to hear the marbles inside. RRP £11.95.
- If you’re looking to buy a gift for a slightly older baby, then the Lamaze Bendy Bug High Chair Toy is ideal. Using the suction cups to attach it to any flat surface, the bendy bug encourages baby to reach out and interact with the bright and colourful bug. RRP £13.95.
- Books are always a brilliant idea and this Jellycat Book ‘If I were an elephant‘ is a brilliant gift idea. This touch and read hardback book is grab to encourage interaction and will help little ones engage with their parents whilst reading the book. RRP £6.95.
- My final top pick from the Poppets collection of wonderful gifts and toys is the Sophie The Giraffe Multi-Textured Teether. With it’s various soft parts ideal for little teething gums, little ones will find relief in this multi-textured teether. RRP £12.95.
Win a £100 gift voucher from Poppets
The lovely folk at Poppets have given me a fantastic gift voucher worth £100 to giveaway to one lucky reader of Life According to MrsShilts spend in their online store. All you need to do to enter is use the widget below making sure you leave a blog comment as the mandatory entry requirement telling me what you would buy from Poppets if you won. The giveaway ends on Sunday 14th January 2018 at 23:59. Terms and conditions apply.
**This giveaway has now ended**
Disclosure: I received some products from Poppets in exchange for hosting this post and giveaway.