*A collaborative post
It’s just a month away until Christmas and like lots of families up and down the country, I’ve started planning our pre-Christmas dinner. No Christmas dinner would be a proper Christmas dinner without the roast potatoes and these Roasted Hasselback potatoes with garlic and rosemary are absolutely delicious and a must for any festive dinner table.
New to the Co-op in October this year, Co-op King Edward Potatoes are the King of the roasts. Not only do they hold their shape once cooked, they roasted brilliantly with that satisfying crunch that every roast potato should have. They’re our family favourites and the perfect addition to any Christmas dinner.
These Roasted Hasselback Potatoes are really easy to make and look a bit fancy on the dinner table. They take 15 minutes to prepare and then take 45 minutes to roast in an oven until golden brown. Here’s how to make perfect roasted Hasselback potatoes with garlic and rosemary.
- Co-op King Edward Potatoes
- Garlic bulb
- Rosemary Sprigs
- Olive oil (or you could use a low fat cooking spray)
- Wash the potatoes (no need to peel)
- In a pan of hot boiling water, boil the potatoes for five minutes
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4 / 350°
- After five minutes of boiling, take off the heat, drain the potatoes and leave to cool
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, take a potato and thread a skewer through the bottom third
- Make straight cuts through the potato down to the skewer and repeat until the potato is partially sliced all the way across.
- In a roasting dish, place the potatoes with the sliced sides up
- Scatter over the potatoes with rosemary and break up the garlic and place in the dish
- Season well with sea salt and pepper
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Place the potatoes in the oven and cook for between 40-45 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Serve immediately and enjoy
Serve these delicious roasted Hasselback potatoes as part of a main meal as they make a really comforting side dish that is sure to wow your guests. this Christmas. You can pick up Co-op King Edward Potatoes instore at most Co-op stores now so you too can enjoy them with your Christmas dinner.
Disclosure: This is a collaborative post in association with Co-op Food and Tots100. All words, images and delicious hasselback roasties are my own.