Autumn has well and truly arrived this month. The leaves are falling and painting the pavements all shades of golden yellow, red and green. The weather has turned cooler and the nights are drawing in. October is one of my favourite months of the year and this month has been no exception its been a good one for me and my boys.
Here’s what we did in October
- been busy growing a baby (she’s now 29 weeks pregnant and in the third trimester. Here’s the second trimester catch up)
- realised she’s not taking enough care of herself and needs to make some changes; haircut and colour booked in for next week and has plans to make more time for baths and relaxation in an evening.
- attended a cookery masterclass with Frylight and really enjoyed it.
- loved playing around with images in Photoshop Elements and really wants to learn more! Here’s some of the photographs I took and edited with the software.
- started the Christmas shopping!
- loved going to Essington Farm to pick a pumpkin for Halloween
- really enjoyed going to stay at his Uncles house in London for the last weekend of half-term and saw the sights including Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, the London Eye and Hamleys on Regents Street.
- enjoyed a trip to Legoland with Mummy, Daddy and his Uncles
- finished his first half term in Reception.
- loved half-term off school and seeing his cousin and Nanny Cooper for a day of crafting together; they carved pumpkins, decorated gingerbread biscuits and did some Halloween inspired colouring in.
- enjoyed staying at his brothers house in London; spending quality time with him and his partner. We don’t get as much chance to see them as we would like but it’s always good to catch up with them.
- started his Masters degree course at University and is once again a (part-time) student
- enjoyed taking Olly to the football on a Saturday afternoon to watch their team together
- been playing with robots and drones at work and loved it.
November is another of my favourite months of the year. It’s my birthday, the nights get cosier and it’s socially acceptable to put the heating on, oh and I finish my day job in HR to start preparing for our baby boy. So exciting!