Get involved in the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning with Marks and Spencer

25/09/2017
Macmillan Coffee Morning

*A post in partnership with Marks and Spencer

What’s better than having a cuppa and a slice of cake in aid of a fantastic charity? That’s exactly what I’ll be doing this Friday (29th September 2017) for Macmillan Cancer Care’s World Biggest Coffee Morning. It’s an event I’ve been supporting for many years and one that is so easy to get involved in. The event is a fantastic opportunity for friends, family and colleagues to come together, enjoy a coffee and cake to help raise millions of pounds to support those living with cancer in their communities.

Macmillan Coffee Morning M&S
For the eighth year running, Marks and Spencer are the official partner of the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning and in their stores around the country, they’re preparing to hold their fundraising coffee mornings in their cafes this Friday. I’ll be popping down to my local M&S to enjoy a slice of cake and a cup of coffee as well as donating towards such a good cause. Sadly, we all know someone, be it friends or family who have been affected by cancer in someway. Since 2010, Marks and Spencer have helped Macmillan raise over £10 million pounds to help people living with cancer in their communities which is quite incredible.

How to get involved in a coffee morning

Getting involved in the event is really easy. You can pop down to your local M&S cafe and enjoy a frothy coffee or a pot of tea with a slice of delicious cake on Friday 29th September. Throughout the month of September, M&S are also donating 5p from every hot drink and slice of cake sold in their cafes to Macmillan Cancer Support.

Macmillan Coffee Morning

If you’ve not got a local M&S store, you can still join in the fun. Why not hold your own event? Get your work colleagues, family or friends involved by holding a coffee morning of your own. Maybe you fancy baking your signature chocolate brownies or trying your hand at Nanna’s legendary coffee and walnut cake?

Macmillan Coffee Morning M&S

You don’t even have to bake the cakes as Marks and Spencer have a fantastic selection of cakes, biscuits and sweet treats that you could buy ahead of the big event to take along. M&S are donating 10% of sales from Macmillan fundraising cakes and baking mixes (including their delicious Victoria Sandwich and Lemon Drizzle varieties) to the cause.

M&S Coffee Morning

M&S are donating 10% of profits from their range of limited-edition Macmillan homeware items including these fantastic cake forks, cake slice and mug. I love these cake forks, they’re so dainty and pretty. We all know someone who loves a bit of cake, wouldn’t these make the perfect gift? And as for the mug, it’s just brilliant!
Macmillan Coffee Morning M&S
They’re also donating 100% of the profits from top designer Rob Ryan range including rollerball pen, bird pin badge and key ring with trolley saver (in the new £1 coin shape). These would make beautiful gifts for friends and family and as a whopping 100% of the profits are going to charity, they’re too beautiful to pass up. You can buy yours from the till areas in M&S stores.
Rob Ryan Marks and Spencer Macmillan Coffee Morning
Join me, Marks and Spencer and Macmillan Cancer Care for the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning this Friday 29th September, it’s set to be a fantastic event for such a worthwhile cause. See you there!

• Reply Familyearthtrek 25/09/2017 at 10:36 am

This is a very good idea! People are having a hard time donating directly so just by sipping on a cup of coffee and enjoying a piece of cake people are donating. This gives me an idea to try organise one!

• Reply Amber 25/09/2017 at 1:13 pm

This is a great event! I’m always a fan of something that can help others. Plus these cupcakes look delicious. I don’t like coffee, but I’d pig out on those cupcakes.

• Reply Karyn Locke 25/09/2017 at 6:25 pm

Such a worthy event for a great cause. I love the mug’s design as well!

• Reply Tori 25/09/2017 at 8:25 pm

We’re holding a coffee morning at the school I work in – you’ve reminded me that I need to make some cakes! It’s a fantastic cause.

• Reply Rebecca | AAUBlog 25/09/2017 at 8:58 pm

oh wow, all of those cakes; they look amazing! This is such a great idea to get together with others and really make a difference x

• Reply Sarah Cantwell 25/09/2017 at 11:10 pm

Those cakes looks gorgeous and it’s all for such a good cause x

• Reply Julie 25/09/2017 at 11:24 pm

I love this idea! Those sweets look so delicious too. I’m sure people will be thrilled to join in.

• Reply noonetocompare 26/09/2017 at 2:24 am

This sounds like so much fun! Coffee for a good cause and the baked goods look so delish. I love having fun, and also taking care of the community!

• Reply Shell 26/09/2017 at 4:30 am

This sounds like a great event and for such a wonderful cause!! … and those treats look super delicious!!!

• Reply jhilmil 26/09/2017 at 5:42 am

That sounds delicious as well as supports a great cause. Anyday would love to have coffee and cakes in morning at M&S and all the more charity provokes this deed to be done!

• Reply munniofalltrades 26/09/2017 at 6:01 am

I love it when brands do their bit to give back to the society. I wish M&S starts activities like these India. Would love to support it :)

• Reply Kate Hackworthy (@veggie_desserts) 26/09/2017 at 9:26 am

Thanks for sharing. I’ve participated before and it’s such a great cause.

• Reply Blair Villanueva 27/09/2017 at 3:15 am

I didn’t know M&S have cakes in their food selection! But I like their cookies too.
    Glad that theyvare giving 10% of sales to the charity.

• Reply Emma Lambert 27/09/2017 at 11:29 am

This is such a fab event for a great cause x

• Reply Kerry Norris 27/09/2017 at 10:54 pm

A fab cause. I’m actually going to a coffee morning which someone else is hosting

• Reply elenasts 28/09/2017 at 2:08 pm

This is a great idea. I love events like this one when people get together and try to make a difference.