September was a month I was dreading in all honesty. I wasn’t looking forward to Olly starting his schooldays as I knew there would be tears from both of us. I’m pleased that he seems to be settling in well to Reception and although we still have daily tears in the playground, the mornings seem to be getting easier for him (and us).
Here’s what we did in September
- upgraded her car to a beautiful Fiat 500x big enough for her two boys, a pushchair and plenty of shopping. It ticked all the boxes (which included a sat nav and a bigger boot!)
- met with a lovely midwife to discuss VBAC options for baby boy’s arrival in January
- enjoyed the BlogOnXmas blogging conference seeing friends and staying at Hotel Football
- loved taking her sister for a surprise afternoon tea at Cakes a Daisy for her birthday
- really enjoyed far too much TV throughout September; Celebrity Masterchef, Liar, Doctor Foster and Educating Greater Manchester.
- discussed starting her maternity leave from her HR job at the end of November (wooo!)
- started Reception and despite the tears tells us he really enjoys it
- enjoying seeing his friends from pre-school in his Reception class and has made some new friends too
- enjoyed baking cakes with Mummy and wants to bake something different every weekend
- begun writing his Christmas wish list consisting of lots of random things he sees on the adverts on the children’s TV channels!
- loved going to his Nanny and Grandad’s house after school for ‘Roast dinner Wednesdays’ lucky boy!
- enjoyed seeing friends and enjoying the sunshine at his mates BBQ
- graduated from University with his Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education and Professional Practice and has begun his Masters! We are very proud of him.
- enjoyed spending quality time with Olly whilst Mummy was in Manchester
- sold his DJ gear which is the end of an era. He’s sad to see it go has lots of happy memories of all the parties he’s played at.
October is shaping up to be a month for family and friends with birthdays, days out and medical appointments. I’ll be seeing my midwife and hopefully hearing baby boy’s heartbeat again, my GTT test at hospital and we get to see baby boy again when we go for a growth scan later this month. It’s also half-term for Olly and we’re off to London to see Uncle Jon and Uncle Russ and enjoy a day out at Legoland. Have a lovely month..x