We’re another month down, August has just flown by hasn’t it? It’s been a very productive month for us as a family. As we had our family holiday back in June, we couldn’t really afford another holiday so soon and although Shilts and I had some annual leave from work booked, we decided to use the time at home to be productive and get ahead with some of the well overdue jobs around the house.
Here’s what the family have enjoyed in August
- enjoyed feeling the beginning of little flutters of baby kicks and is feeling much better now the sickness seems to have stopped (hurrah!)
- enjoyed watching the World Athletics Championships on the TV. Mo Farah is just a legend!
- met up with friends for lunch and really wishes they lived much closer so she could see them more often
- loved seeing her baby boy on screen for the gender scan, baby boys looks so much like his older brother already!
- found out he’s having a baby brother in January 2018 and he is so excited, he cannot wait.
- loved building sandcastles on the beach in West Kirby with Daddy
- enjoyed spending time with his Nanny and Granddad with days out to Sandwell Valley and the park
- met some of his favourite Walsall FC players at their open training session.
- loved going to Drayton Manor and riding on some of the rides at Thomas Land.
- been up the loft and along with help from family, sorted out 14 years worth of rubbish and filled a huge skip and two car boots full of recycling!
- loved having time off from work
- enjoyed the football season starting again and fingers crossed, Walsall FC are having a good start to their season!
- loved having a boys day out with Olly taking him on the train to the Transport Museum and then plane spotting at Birmingham Airport
September is going to be one massive learning curve for us all with Olly starting his Reception year at school. He’s already showing signs of being a little nervous so we’re not really looking forward to it but once we’re in a routine, hopefully he’ll settle in well. I’m off to Blog On in Manchester later in the month and Shilts has his Graduation for completing his Post Grad Diploma. It’s going to be another busy but enjoyable month. Have a wonderful September..x