July was a pretty epic month for us all as it was the month that we told the world that we were expecting a baby. I was so excited to be able to share my news with everyone but I couldn’t wait to tell one person in particular, our four year old Olly. We couldn’t wait to tell him he was going to be a big brother and after seeing our little baby on the screen during our our dating scan, we told him the news and he couldn’t have been happier.
Although our baby news has pretty much dominated our month, we’ve managed to cram in some brilliant family time including the big family wedding in Wales. My cousin married his fiancé at Lake Vyrnwy which is a beautifully remote part of the country with stunning views across the water.
We managed to get some immediate family photographs in between the official photographs and the wedding breakfast and I really like these snaps. It’s quite rare for us all to be together and look so smart and pretty (how pretty does my Sister look in her bridesmaid dress?) and the boys looked adorable. My nephew walked his Aunty down the aisle in church (his aunty married my cousin.. confusing eh?) and looked so smart and grown up. So proud of him for stepping up and doing such a great job.
Here’s what the family have enjoyed this month
- been so relieved to share her news that she’s expecting a baby. The dating scan at 13 weeks went well and it was lovely to see the baby on the screen in the hospital.
- enjoyed a lovely meal out with Natalie from Plutonium Sox at Siamais
- loved the big family wedding and seeing everyone dressed up and looking fantastic. It was a great day and we all enjoyed it, the evening reception was brilliant and we all had a brilliant time.
- enjoyed sorting and organising stuff in the house, it’s very calming and therapeutic
- been feeling much better towards the end of the month (fingers crossed the morning sickness has passed) now she’s into the Second Trimester.
- enjoyed the T20 Blast Cricket game at Edgbaston Cricket Ground
- loved getting his darts team into the final
- enjoyed the Walsall v West Bromwich Albion pre-season friendly
- turned into Delboy and sold lots of unwanted clutter at a local car boot sale
- loved driving down the narrow country lanes in Wales testing his car out
- loved sleeping in his new cabin bed
- finished pre-school for the summer
- enjoyed learning about cricket at the game between the Birmingham Bears and Leicestershire Foxes
- enjoyed dancing on the dance floor at both the wedding receptions he’s been too this month
- loved watching Cars3 at the cinema
As we head into August, we’re looking forward to spending a couple of weeks with Olly as both Shilts and I have annual leave from work. We have lots of plans, family fun days out and various other appointments and things planned. We’re hoping to head to the beach for a couple of days weather permitting, we find out if Olly’s having a baby brother or sister and we’re planning on having a massive loft sort out. It’s going to be an eventful month! Have a great August..x