May has been another busy month for us. We’ve had weekends away (three in fact; Penkridge, Manchester and Warwickshire) and although it’s been busy we’ve been able to spend some time together which has been lovely. There’s been days out to spot the Gruffalo, a charity football match, a visit to Chester Zoo to watch the Chimpanzees and an afternoon with Mister Maker.
Our May kicked off in style with a very rare sunny bank holiday Monday and a trip to the Yoxall Bluebells. It was such a lovely day and we had a good afternoon walking through the flowers, a real blogger cliché but one that just had to be done. Unfortunately my Me and Mine photograph that we took is pretty poor but it’s still a nice shot of us all even if it’s out of focus.
Here’s what the family have enjoyed this month
- Loved getting dolled up for her friend’s wedding and dancing the night away with them
- Sorted out lots of old clothes and is donating them to the Slimming World #SWClothesThrow (no point keeping them when they no longer fit) to raise money for Cancer Research
- Enjoyed a relaxing facial at Chesford Grange Spa
- Loved seeing her friends up in Manchester for the BlogOn conference
- Adores this brand spanking new shiny blog logo thanks to Emma at Daydreams and Ice creams, I absolutely love it, she’s such a clever lady
- Enjoyed watching the Smiling Saddlers versus the Compton Wolves in the Smile for Joel charity football match
- Loved meeting up with the lads and enjoying the starter all you can eat deal at TGI Fridays
- Enjoyed getting his time down to just over 32 minutes for his 5k Parkrun sessions
- Loved visiting the National Football Museum in Manchester with Olly whilst Mummy was at BlogOn
- Loved plane spotting with his Daddy during half term
- Done really well in school and received a special note home to say well done. Daddy went in to school to look at his books and was impressed with his writing and drawing.
- Enjoyed meeting Mister Maker after watching him live on stage
- Loved seeing the chimpanzees at Chester Zoo
June is set to be an exciting month as we have a week’s holiday in France and I cannot wait to switch off, a surprise trip to Disneyland Paris for Olly (he doesn’t know yet…eeeek!) and lots of other exciting things planned which we’re all very much looking forward to!