*An awareness post
Family day outs can come in all shapes and sizes. From relatively tranquil escapes within countryside estates to fast and furious adventures in theme parks and fun fairs, there’s no steadfast rule as to what makes a great family day out.
If you’re looking for a family experience with a difference this year, Truckfest is revving into action for its annual tour of events and its first stop is at the East of England Showground in Peterborough on the 30th of April and the 1st of May.
As the name suggests, there will be a lot of trucks. In fact, it’s estimated that there will be over 2000 of them in attendance. So if your child is a fan of machines and technology, they will hardly be able to believe their eyes when they first step into the arena!
There’s actually a lot more to the event than you would expect. There is a whole host of family friendly events and attractions across the site.
For example, this year’s line-up includes;
- Monster Trucks’ Swamp Thing 4×4 & Sling Shout go head-to-head.
- Stars of the hit show Ice Road Truckers, Todd Dewey and Lisa Kelly, plus Storage Hunters-own Jesse McClure, will be providing main arena commentary, as well as meeting and greeting their fans!
- Robot Wars favourites Matilda and Major Damage will be fighting live, as part of the Extreme Robots tour.
- New for Truckfest 2017, a giant exhibition hall which will play host to some of the meanest metal machines around.
- Live music, karaoke, a children’s funfair and much more.
- A light parade and explosive firework display will round off the event!
With the Easter holidays fast approaching and the first spree of bank holidays just over the horizon, the time for planning precious time with the little ones is upon us. So for something a little different, why not pop over to the East of England Showground this May Bank holiday, and enjoy some monster sized fun!
For more information on the event, you can visit their website – http://www.truckfest.co.uk/peterborough/