Helping kids #DreamBig with Primula and NSPCC

As a parent, naturally I want the best for my son. I want him to be able to live a happy life without worry. I love to see him get up in the morning with a big smile across his face, picking up his favourite car toys and driving them around the play mat or asking for a bowl of strawberries instead of chocolate buttons. I love that he has the freedom to be himself and he’s not afraid to tell me or his Daddy when he’s upset, worried or scared about something.

#dreambig Primula NSPCC

The world we’re living in is truly frightening and it saddens me to read that 1 in 20 children in the UK suffer from abuse and as a result aren’t free to dream. The ability to dream is something all children should have the freedom to do. Having a dream is having the confidence to believe in yourself and have something to aim for, to look to the future and aim for great things. Isn’t this what life is about?

When I was a little girl (think very early 1990’s), I had big dreams to follow in the footsteps of Baroness Karren Brady. I loved football and supported West Bromwich Albion along with my Dad and my Grandad. We used to go to the football matches and support our team and as Karren was, at the time, Managing Director of one of our rival football clubs, Birmingham City, I was in awe of her. She was one of few women in the game at the time and I found that really inspiring. Of course, I lost the passion for football in my teens and my dreams changed but I’ll never forget how much admiration I felt towards her.

#dreambig Primula NSPCC

I asked Olly what his dreams for the future were and of course he thought long and hard about the question. He said he wanted to help people and whilst my heart fluttered thinking how adorable this was, he told me he wanted to draw a picture to show me just how he wanted to help.

#dreambig Primula NSPCC

#dreambig Primula NSPCC

Olly drew a picture of himself as a Fireman complete with a Fire Engine and the drawing showed him rescuing someone with his ladder. How cute is that? He loves the Emergency Services. He thinks Police rescue people from wells, Ambulance crews help deliver babies and Firemen rescue people and cats from trees. Luckily, we’ve never needed the help and assistance from the Emergency Services but I’m pleased Olly knows that they help people.

#dreambig Primula NSPCC

Primula, the squeezy cheese people, believe that all children should have the freedom to dream big and so have joined forces with the NSPCC for a fantastic campaign that I’m honoured to be involved in.

For every limited edition green tube of Primula bought, 20% of the profits will be donated to help NSPCC support vulnerable children.

#dreambig Primula NSPCC

You can pick up the limited edition green tubes from all major supermarkets and are available in a variety of flavours including original cheese, cheese with chives, cheese with ham, cheese with prawns and light cheese.

Olly is a huge cheese spread sandwiches fan and requests it every lunchtime after pre-school along with slices of cucumber and a smoothie. A fed child is a happy child and it’s good to know that he has the freedom to dream big. Something I wish all children could do too.

#dreambig Primula NSPCC

#dreambig Primula NSPCC

#dreambig Primula NSPCC

Next time you’re doing your food shop, pop a green tube of Primula in your basket and help towards the campaign to allow all children to #dreambig

Disclosure: Post in partnership with Primula

• Reply Jade

It’s awful to think that there are children out there who suffer abuse day in, day out especially when our littles one have nothing to fear when they get up in the morning. Love the picture Olly’s done of himself, that’s so adorable! Toby is a huge Primula fan too, he loves it on pitta bread so I’ll make sure I grab one of these green tubes! Here’s hoping that one day this problem is eradicated and no child ever has to suffer. Fab campaign x

07/03/2017 at 9:53 am
    • Reply Emma

Thanks so much Jade, it’s an alarming statistic isn’t it? xx

07/03/2017 at 10:56 pm
  • Reply Sam | North East Family Fun Travel Blog

It is SO important to encourage our children to dream bid. I always try and raise H, H & J’s aspirations and let them know they can do anything they set their mind to. This doesn’t have to be something big and fancy too – if it’s their dream to be a postman, I’ll support it! What a fab campaign and 20% is quite a high percentage for Primula to donate so I am sure it will make a difference.

I now have an image of you pretending to be Karen Brady in the boardroom :D

07/03/2017 at 9:57 am
    • Reply Emma

Exactly this, I want to support Olly wholeheartedly in whatever he choices to do in the future. It’s so important for him to believe he can do anything he wants in life.. Ha, I would have loved her job! x

07/03/2017 at 10:55 pm
  • Reply The DADventurer (Dave)

Sounds like a great campaign and 20% profits is very generous. Not heard of this brand before, so will check them out :)

07/03/2017 at 11:54 am
    • Reply Emma

It’s really generous isn’t it? Such a great campaign to support

07/03/2017 at 10:34 pm
  • Reply Nicole - thelittlestdarlings

That cheese looks amazing. Going to get some for Lucas now. Love that its supporting a charity too. Lovely post!

07/03/2017 at 12:01 pm
    • Reply Emma

Thanks Nicole, it’s a great campaign x

07/03/2017 at 10:33 pm
  • Reply Claire at Tin Box Traveller

A great campaign and a brilliant dream Olly! I’ll add Primula to my shopping list

07/03/2017 at 12:10 pm
    • Reply Emma

It’s such a worthwhile campaign

07/03/2017 at 10:29 pm
  • Reply Michelle Twin Mum

Ahh a future firefighter, that is gorgeous that he wants to help people. Mich x

07/03/2017 at 7:55 pm
    • Reply Emma

Thanks Mich x

07/03/2017 at 10:23 pm
  • Reply Madeline (This Glorious Life)

Love his drawing of himself as a fireman! My son told me the other day that he wants to look after children when he grows up, which I thought was quite sweet. And you’ve given me a craving for Primula now, I’ve not had it for awhile but really fancy it after reading this!

07/03/2017 at 9:06 pm
    • Reply Emma

Aww that’s so adorable. That’s all Olly wants to do, help people. Primula cheese is so versatile, so many different ways to enjoy it

07/03/2017 at 10:19 pm
  • Reply Plutonium Sox

That picture is adorable and very well drawn, he is so clever! I love this campaign too, it’s so important for children to believe then can be anything they want to be.
    Nat.x

07/03/2017 at 9:50 pm
    • Reply Emma

Thank you Nat, it’s such an important campaign. Olly has loved drawing these last few weeks, he’s creating all sorts so he’s loved being able to draw his dream of being a Fireman xx

07/03/2017 at 10:16 pm

I'd love to hear from you