{The Ordinary Moments 17} #3 Friday afternoons

Fridays are my absolute favourite day of the week. It’s the day I have at home. The day where I get to catch up on all the little jobs I don’t get to start (or finish) during the ‘working’ week and it’s the day I get to do the school run both ways with Olly but without wishing time away, my absolute favourite time of the week is Friday afternoon.

I love Friday afternoons. When I’ve collected Olly from pre-school at midday, we walk home hand in hand and know that the rest of the afternoon is ours. It’s ours to do whatever we please and I love it. The freedom of not having to ‘share’ him with anyone else (I realise how selfish this sounds so please don’t judge me!) and the chance to sit on the sofa, relax and watch a film together and just enjoy being his Mummy.

Boots Mini Club Coat Friday

It won’t last forever. In September Olly will be starting Reception and going to school full time. I’ll really miss our afternoons together so I’m planning on making the most of the time we’ve got left before he becomes a fully fledged school boy (gulp!)

We’re planning afternoons full of fun to really make the most of our time. I’m planning trips to the cinema, maybe an afternoon in soft play, going to the park, an afternoon at Thomas Land and several Mummy and Son ‘naughty’ lunches to enjoy.

It’s during our Friday afternoons when nothing else matters. It’s just me and him. I reminisce back to the early days when it was just us two, when I was learning all about him as a brand new Mummy and finding out who he was, what every cry and frown meant and waking just before him in time for his 2am bottle.

Except these days, I’m learning even more about his character, his complex little personality and what makes him really tick. He does confuse me and I’m learning more about him all the time but I’m so incredibly proud of him and I know we’re going to have the best Friday afternoons this year.

The Ordinary Moments

• Reply Sarah | Boo Roo and Tigger Too

Enjoy these afternoons with him, it’s so lovely to get that one on one time with them

22/01/2017 at 10:22 am
  • Reply Beth @ Twinderelmo

My girls start September too and I’m feeling so guilty that I’ve wasted so much time not really doing anything and soon it’s going to be massively reduced. It’s gone too quickly!

22/01/2017 at 10:27 am
  • Reply Laura - Dear Bear and Beany

This is so lovely and I think that you treasure these moments that little bit more when you can see the end of them coming soon. I remember feeling like this last year with Alice before she started school. Enjoy them lovely, it’s sad when they come to an end x

22/01/2017 at 9:10 pm
  • Reply Louise | Squished Blueberries

That sounds perfect, I can totally understand why it is your favourite part of the week. And it’s totally not selfish to want him all to yourself for a few hours a week, I’m sure he feels the same about you ;-) xx

22/01/2017 at 9:58 pm
  • Reply Laura @ Little Ladies Big World

This sounds like a pretty great day. I absolutely love to spend time with my eldest alone just us and not have to share too, gosh I miss her now she is at school x

22/01/2017 at 10:45 pm
  • Reply Plutonium Sox

Ah bless him. I have to admit that’s the one thing I really miss since Libby started school, I don’t get any one to one time with her and I miss it.
    Nat.x

22/01/2017 at 10:59 pm
  • Reply Donna

No judgement at all – it’s so lovely that you get this small chunk of time together and when you work all week those hours really matter. I’m glad you have something for just you and him – they sound wonderful x

23/01/2017 at 9:41 am
    • Reply Emma

I’m going to miss it so much! Thanks Donna x

23/01/2017 at 10:56 pm
  • Reply Gemma

My Ollie will be starting school in September too! I really want to make the time left with him amazing, but he’s not making it too easy at the moment. Lovely photo! xx

24/01/2017 at 11:11 am
    • Reply Emma

Oh Gemma, I hear you! It’s tough isn’t it? xx

24/01/2017 at 11:33 pm

I'd love to hear from you