January has been a rather productive month for us in the Shilton household. We’ve had weekends of down time with very little plans but used the time wisely to crack on with much needed jobs around the house. We’ve welcomed the new school term and despite it not starting very well at all (tears, sickness and stress) it seems to be getting easier for us all, touch wood!
In January Mummy has
- had her hair cut and coloured and feels a million times better about the state of her hair
- topped the Tots100 charts with her blog and is delighted to be their blogger of the month too!
- bought a new dress to slim into for her cousins wedding in July
- enjoyed a couple of birthday parties; one for our cousins 30th and one for her Slimming World consultants 50th.
- loved decluttering the kitchen, as part of this years ongoing house makeover
In January Daddy has
- enjoyed going to the football with Olly
- loved using his new gadget (tablet) that he had for Christmas
- treated himself to a new Google Pixel phone (which has already broken so it’s a bit of a sore subject!)
- loved the kitchen transformation and wonders why we didn’t get tiles put up five years ago!
In January Olly has
- not enjoyed going back to pre-school
- grown another couple of inches and is in desperate need of new clothes
- learnt to read more phase 3 words
- loved the sprinkling of snow we had one morning
- loved to dance in the kitchen
- enjoyed playing snap and pairs card games
I’ve not shared a lot of photographs on Instagram this month but I’ve still been taking some. Here’s our January 2017 from my iPhone camera roll.
We’ve had a fun January but cannot wait for February as it’s Olly’s birthday month where our gorgeous boy turns four. We have a weekend away planned, birthday parties and half term to look forward to. It’s going to be a blast!