August has been a really lovely month full of adventures for me and my little family. When we look back over the month to see what we got up to, we’ve really made the most of our annual leave and weekends together and had some fantastic day trips.
The photographs for the project this month come from three of our favourite places that we managed to visit on our travels; Lytham St Annes on our 9th wedding anniversary, a beach day at Chapel St Leonards when we went to Lincolnshire and during our day out to Legoland Windsor.
This month Mummy has
- loved spending a day at the beach hut at Lytham St Annes
- had far too many late nights watching the Olympics in Rio and loved it
- seen shooting stars during the Perseid meteor shower and it was amazing!
- spent a small fortune at Emma Bridgewater to celebrate her ninth wedding anniversary
- decided camping holidays are far more stressful than they are relaxing
This month Daddy has
- enjoyed spending a week under canvas in the middle of nowhere
- loved the football season starting again (sort of..!)
- loved spending our wedding anniversary in Lytham St Annes scoffing fish and chips by the seaside
- loved being invited to Pasta di Piazza for a blog review, the best Italian in Birmingham
This month Olly has
- absolutely loved going back to Legoland with his cousin
- enjoyed a day out at Splash Landings and braved the pool on his own
- loved making sandcastles at the beach and finding a star fish
- has grown into another shoe size!
September is all change for us when Olly starts pre-school and we re-shuffle going to work with school runs, pick ups and fitting the rest of life in and around our new routines. It’s a very exciting time for us all, yet equally terrifying. It’s a change we’re all ready for and ready to embrace.