My weigh day rituals

When it comes to weigh day, there are some things I will do the same week in week out. I’ve been following the Slimming World plan since August 2014 and to date I’ve lost 5 stone 2.5lb. Over the last 18 months, I’ve become a creature of habit but it seems I’m not alone. Before weigh in I mentioned on Instagram, the things I always do to keep all the factors the same. I like consistency and I like to think it gives an accurate picture on the scales of how the week has panned out as let’s face it, they don’t lie!

Every week, I like to make sure I get weighed in the same clothes. I wear a pair of black leggings (I know not the trendiest of clothes but I am not weighing in with jeans on!) with a strappy vest. Luckily my fellow SWers don’t see me standing on the scales as I get weighed before most of them arrive for group (thank goodness for being part of the social team!)

Before I get to group, I make sure that I’m wearing my small stud earrings and I’m not wearing else that could add unexpected weight on the scales.

During the day on weigh day, I have a good breakfast (usually some sort of fibre using my healthy B with fruit) and a smallest lunch. I stop drinking my water at about 3pm so that I’ve got plenty of time to go to the toilet before my 7:15pm weigh in and after drinking near on 2 litres of water by the afternoon, I’m well hydrated and won’t miss a drink or two!

Every dieter will know the silent joy of having a number two just before weigh in. That’s extra weight we just don’t need but it doesn’t always happen but it’s great if it does!

weigh day rituals

I don’t know if any of these little rituals help me but I’ll keep doing them. I’m happy to keep my little pattern going each week. Can you relate? What are your weigh in day rituals? Would love to hear yours!

• Reply Jenna

Haha, love this!

My group is first thing on a Thursday morning so I tend to not eat or drink anything until after I’ve been weighed. Then I scoff my breakfast and down a bottle of water whilst I’m waiting for IMAGE therapy to start! ;)

I do wear jeans but only because I’ve always worn them so I don’t think they’re adding anything extra.

16/03/2016 at 8:43 am
  • Reply Elaine @ Entertaining Elliot

Luckily I weigh in the morning so I take my brekkie for after weigh in plus a drink! I always wear the same, thin shirt and leggings and always make sure I have a wee and maybe a number 2 ;-)

16/03/2016 at 9:13 am
  • Reply Zara

This made me laugh, I don’t follow SW myself as the lads in the house are the fussiest of eaters and to be honest after any freebies I couldn’t afford to attend weekly meetings, but I do like to read tips and hints and the magazines :) – and despite this I have a ritual too! I always weigh myself in a Sunday directly after my bums tums and thighs class in leggings and a Tshirt with a sports bra on and the only jewellery I wear are my wedding and engagement ring, they never come off haha! It’s nice to know we aren’t all nutters eh?! :D

16/03/2016 at 9:18 am
  • Reply Michelle Stokes

I have a Friday morning weigh in and also have rituals I follow – I don’t eat breakfast Fri morning, drink only 1 cup of tea (always from the same cup!) wear the same clothes, the same jewellery etc and if anything is out of place it give’s me the right hump :)

16/03/2016 at 8:05 pm
  • Reply Marian

Love reading your blog and going through your SW ideas.

Would be really interested in any ideas you have for lunches when doing SP days at work with no cooking facilities, getting bored with mackerel salad

18/03/2016 at 5:42 pm
    • Reply Cal.xx

I have fruit. Chop up some melon, add strawberries, raspberries and peach. Looks lovely and is really filling and refreshing. (I have lost almost 6 stone now in 10 months. xx

27/06/2016 at 7:33 am
  • Reply Lorri

This made me LOL….. Nearly the same routine for me….. Taking your tip and won’t be drinking aft 3pm for my 6pm class Lx

25/03/2016 at 1:52 pm
  • Reply Lindsay At Newcastle Family Life

I don’t have any rituals, I nearly always get weighed in jeans too. xx

28/03/2016 at 2:20 pm