Weightloss Wednesday | Bring on February

I wasn’t sure how this week on plan would fair after a couple of meals out and a birthday party at the weekend. I always have good intentions and hope to behave myself but the lure of pudding and cake often get the better of me. This year I seem to have a more focused head on.

When we were dining out, I allowed myself a little treat but didn’t go overboard and fall off plan; hello waffles and caramel sauce and cookie dough ice-cream (between two separate meals I must add.) On Saturday night we went to our friends birthday party where my hubby was djing. We had to arrive quite early to set up so didn’t get chance to eat before we went out. I stumbled in my ridiculously high heels along the cobbled streets of Birmingham to Subway for a double chicken salad with sweet onion sauce (1.5 syns per serving) and drank diet coke throughout the night as I was driving us home.

I’ve also had a good look at some photographs from over the last few years and it’s really re-ignited my desire to do well this year. I spent far too long faffing around the same stone bracket for 6 months last year and I want to make these months count this year.

If you want to see change, you must make it

I was delighted to see the scales show a loss of 1.5lb this week. I’ve now lost 5 stone 3lb since August 2014 and I can really tell a difference, especially when I look at photographs like this. It’s not only much better to look at in the mirror but I feel happier and lots healthier too.

Don’t get me wrong, I still have another four stone (ish) to lose so my journey is definitely not over. Wonder if I can make a dent in that four stone this year?

IMG_1738

August 2013 – February 2016

You can read more about my SW journey by clicking on the collage below

5-stone-gone

I’m linking up with #WeightlossWednesday

Sim's Life
Hijacked By Twins

• Reply Confessions of a New Mummy

You look amazing! I’m sure you’ll make a huge dent (if not smash it) in the last few you want to lose. Well done xx

03/02/2016 at 7:22 pm
  • Reply Amanda Walsh

I know I probably say it every time I comment, but you look amazing Emma, you really do! Its good to see though that you can have a little treat and still have a nice loss, I am beginning to realise its all about balance. Im sure you will make a huge dent in that remaining 4 stone this year x

03/02/2016 at 7:27 pm
  • Reply Mum Reinvented

You look absolutely fantastic! I just started Slimming World this week and have a long way to go (about the same as your original weight to your target) so it’s great to see that it is doable if you persevere. Well done on losing this week despite a few treats.

03/02/2016 at 7:41 pm
  • Reply Beth @ BethinaBox.com

Wow! What an amazing difference!!! You look incredible. :D Well done! :D

Thank you for linking up with #WeightLossWednesday

xx

03/02/2016 at 8:57 pm
  • Reply Donna

Well done lovely – you are doing amazingly! This is your year x

03/02/2016 at 9:53 pm
  • Reply Pempi

It is always inspiring to see and read from others who HAVE done what others want to achieve so thank you so much for sharing :) Your photos really do show the difference and you should be really proud of yourself and what you have achieved – Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

04/02/2016 at 8:32 am
  • Reply Michelle Twin Mum

You really are an inspiration, it is fabulous to see how confident and comfortable in your own skin you look nowadays Emma. Mich x

06/02/2016 at 8:34 pm
  • Reply Su {Ethan & Evelyn}

Wow! You look amazing! Well done you! Keep it going. You can do this! I wish I have as much as will power as you. #BeInspired

09/02/2016 at 12:01 pm
  • Reply Sim @ SimsLife.co.uk

What a transformation already – with the loss you have already clocked up you look about 5 years younger! You have come so far and continue to do so well, I saw your SW certificates on Instagram earlier! :) You are allowed a treat, you deserve to reward how far you have come already – but I never knew that about Subway double chicken salads, I shall definitely have to check them out next time I pay a visit, will definitely save on the carbs! SW is really working for you lovely, it’s awesome to see your progress so far! Thank you for linking up with #WeightLossWednesday and hope you can join in again tomorrow! Sim xx

09/02/2016 at 7:55 pm
  • Reply Rebecca Smith

You are doing so well, such an inspiration :)

09/02/2016 at 8:40 pm
  • Reply Kirsty Hijacked By Twins

Wow you have gone amazing and have done such a good job. Well done! Thank you for sharing with #Slimmerseeker x

11/02/2016 at 1:46 pm
  • Reply Ingrid

Well done on your amazing journey – and so encouraging to see someone else who has been faffing around the same stone weight for a while. i was 1 1/2 lbs off 6 stone loss and then over the last year with various illness a bit has crept on – i still have 4 stone 10 off – your story has encouraged me to keep going and get there eventually.

22/02/2016 at 12:40 pm
  • I'd love to hear from you!