The one with Slimmer of the Month

WEIGHTLOSS UPDATE

I couldn’t have asked for a better way to start the year, Slimmer of the Month for January 2016, wow! After gaining a little bit of weight over Christmas, I seem to have found my motivation and determination to stay on track in the new year with my healthy lifestyle. I really want this year to count as I felt last year I did really well to maintain (I was in the same stone bracket for about 6 months yo-yo-ing up and down losing and gaining the same six pounds and it was really frustrating).

Slimmer of the month January 2016

In January 2016, I’ve lost 10lb and I couldn’t be any happier. I’m back to my lowest ever weight lost on Slimming World (71.5lb now) and I’m feeling good. I’m seeing a difference in my clothes and I really want it to continue. I’m sure everyone knows my reasons for staying on track but we want to give Olly a brother or sister in the not so distant future. For every month, we’re not pregnant, I’m seeing it as another month to make a difference on the scales.

We’ve also got a holiday booked abroad in June so I want to feel more confident in my swimsuit on the beach. I want to buy smaller clothes and feel happier with the reflection in the mirror. I’ve written before that I’m happier in my own skin of late but when it comes to walking around practically half naked in a foreign country, I’m a bit more reserved and want to feel good prancing my wobbly bits around on the beach and around the pool.

The thought of buying smaller clothes is a huge incentive so I’m staying on track and I want to see those numbers on the scales go down. I can’t wait to get out of this stone bracket for good now and get into the next one. Fingers crossed I’ll see the next stone bracket by the end of February!

Time for treats?

I’ve been asked of late whether I use my syns or not and although I don’t always pop a pic on Instagram with what I’m having, I do use most of my syns.

If I don’t have many syns for my dinner (I like ketchup and Nando’s garlic sauce) I will have a little treat of an evening when Olly has gone to bed. My favourite snack at the moment is Options hot chocolate (2 syns) and Kinder mini chocolate bars (12g) at only 3.5 syns each. I like to save up my syns and have them of an evening as it stops me over eating and picking at stuff I shouldn’t have! You can read more about my journey on SW here.

So February is just around the corner and we have Olly’s 3rd birthday coming up. We’ll have a little treat but I won’t let it get in the way or affect my mindset. We’re going away for his birthday and having a family weekend of fun up north so I can’t wait to spend quality time with my boys enjoying ourselves.

If I could bottle this feeling for every time I’m doubting myself, I’d save myself a lot of heartache. My favourite quote is

She believed she could, so she did

and I’m keeping that in the forefront of my mind at the moment to keep me on track and push for February’s Slimmer of the Month and that next stone bracket!

Sim's Life
Hijacked By Twins
Emma Shilton

Emma Shilton, is a UK Family Lifestyle blogger from the West Midlands, UK, Emma is Mummy to two boys; Olly, (born February 2013) who loves Lego, cars and old cartoons and Freddie, (born January 2018) who loves noisy toys and making a mess. The blog follows their adventures as they capture everyday life, family travels and adventures.

Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook

1. 28/01/2016 / 7:02 am

Congrats on slimmer of the month ☺ you have done amazing and you look fab. I messed around a bit tonwards the end of laSt year and I am to looking forward to more losses this year

• 28/01/2016 / 10:11 am

Thanks Amanda, very kind words. Here’s to our continued weightlosses in 2016 xx

2. 28/01/2016 / 7:08 am

It’s so great to read your posts. As a SW newbie it’s inspiring to see someone further down the road who has had such a great result and is focused but honest. Hope you make the next stone bracket and Will feel super confident in June xx

• 28/01/2016 / 10:11 am

Thank you Beth, I hope I can show it works and that if you stick to it, it’s definitely worth it. Thanks for your support xx

3. 28/01/2016 / 10:00 am

Well done you! Congrats! You are doing brilliantly x

• 28/01/2016 / 10:10 am

Thank you so much Kim, it’s fab to have so much support x

4. 28/01/2016 / 10:55 am

Congratulations again, you’ve done so well and having read your post, it really motivates me to get on with my journey. I even have the same quote printed on one of my planner divider to remind myself hehe. Keep it up, and hopefully I can too!

• 28/01/2016 / 11:01 am

Thank you very much Angela, it’s such a brilliant saying isn’t it? Instills confidence and we CAN and WILL do it xx

5. 28/01/2016 / 12:57 pm

Slimming World really does seem to be working for you and you are really rocking it with Slimmer of the Month – well done chick! What a wonderful goal to work towards and I hope that it happens soon! Thank you for linking up with #WeightLossWednesday and hope you can join in again next week! Sim xx

6. 28/01/2016 / 3:46 pm

Congratulations! I’m just starting my weight loss journey after putting on over a stone since my spinal op. I’ve been making some Slimming World recipes just because they look fab, I don’t really know much about the plan but I am considering joining. This post would be perfect to add to my new monthly linky #FitMamasClub hich is live for the next couple of days x

7. 28/01/2016 / 8:16 pm

Congratulations on being Slimmer of the Month. 10lb is a great loss!

I love that quote… It sums everything up doesn’t it?

Thank you for linking up with #WeightLossWednesday. Look forward to following your journey. xx

• 28/01/2016 / 10:26 pm

Thank you Beth, it’s my absolute favourite! xx

8. 28/01/2016 / 10:19 pm

Big well done, you have always been an inspiration to me with how you have stuck at this journey. I hope that positive result comes soon. Mich x

• 28/01/2016 / 10:25 pm

Thank you Mich, that’s such a lovely thing to hear. Thanks so much xx

9. 01/02/2016 / 9:25 pm

Congratulations on slimmer of the month what a great way to get back on track and 71lbs down is just phenomenal you should be so proud. Very inspirational. I couldn’t conceive with my first child and was waiting for fertility treatment. I lost 3 stone and it happened naturally so have faith and I am sure it will happen for you. Thanks for linking up to #memsyselfandI

10. 04/02/2016 / 11:47 am

Congratulations on Slimmer of the Month award. You have done amazing on your weight loss journey. I will admit to being inspired by your achievement to do Slimming World. Having a holiday certainly is a big incentive as is the hopes for a baby! Here is to an amazing 2016! Thank you for sharing with #Slimmerseeker the linky will be live later this afternoon xx

11. 05/03/2016 / 4:39 pm

You’re doing so well, congratulations on slimmer of the month! I think you’ll reach your goal as you seem really determine. Thanks for joining up with #memyelfandi

I'd love to hear from you