With normal routine resuming tomorrow with the working week starting for the new year, my focus has turned to meal planning and this is something that my hubby and I do every Sunday.
Why we meal plan?
- With busy day jobs we need to be able to come home from work and cook a healthy meal within an hour without worrying about what to cook.
- To stay in budget – if we have already bought the fresh ingredients, we won’t want to waste them by buying a take away or leaving them to go off in the fridge
- To stay on plan with Slimming World – all our meals are planned with my diet in mind, they allow me to stay on track and food optimise in the hope that I can lose weight on plan
We plan meals for most days and make sure we have all the ingredients in the fridge for each meal. We’re not bound by meals for each particular day as there are days when you’re just not into what’s on the plan but having the ingredients in always helps us have an option for dinner.
Week One / 2016
I’ve been back on SW since last Wednesday as I gained a mammoth 8lb over Christmas. I didn’t want to see those numbers on the scale increase so decided to get back on plan, plan out our family meals for the end of the year and limit and moderate all the chocolate, crisps and naughtiness of the Christmas holidays.
Here’s what we’re eating this week;
- SW Chicken Kievs with crushed potatoes and veg (with salad for me)
- Slow Cooker Jacket Potatoes (with tuna mayo for hubby / baked beans and low fat grated cheese for me)
- Chilli Meatballs and Pasta
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Beef and vegetables
- Sausages, synfree Actifry chips, beans and egg (I’ll bulk my meal out with added speed foods – mushrooms, onions, peppers)
If you’re a meal planner, I’d love you to leave a link to your plans so I can check them out. What are you eating this week?