Me and Mine October 2015
It only seems like last week when I was putting together September’s post for Me and Mine and we’re at the end of October already. This month has been a whirlwind for us all. We’ve had the routine of being back at work and making the most of the weekends with family. It’s also been a month of change.
My hubby bagged himself a fantastic new job as a Senior Lecturer at a local university starting in the new year. It brings to an end an era of working as a Head of Department and indeed working in a school. It’s going to mean change for us next year in terms of working childcare out for the whole year round and not just term time only but it’s one we know is the right step for our family. I am so proud of him. It also means we can (most probably) take our first ever holiday outside of term time, hello cheaper holidays!
This month Mama has
- loved having her hair cut and coloured for the first time in months
- enjoyed redecorating Olly’s bedroom
- loved stepping on board the brand new Norwegian Escape cruise liner for its inaugural out of Southampton
This month Daddy has
- bagged himself a new job
- welcomed the October half term break with open arms
- enjoyed a trip to the dogs with his team from work
- enjoyed watching the Rugby World Cup
This month Olly has
- had a grown up haircut
- enjoyed his first ever sleep over at his Aunty’s house with his cousin and LOVED it!
- loved his newly redecorated bedroom
We’re already looking forward to November as it’s my birthday month, we have a weekend trip to London scheduled in and I’m going up north to visit my friends. I can’t wait for November!