Last week I went to weigh in and lost 5lb. I was delighted to have lost so much weight but it was a bit of a fake weight loss as I had tonsillitis and hadn’t eaten much at all over 4 days so of course I was going to lose some weight. I was even more delighted as the 5lb weight loss meant that I had achieved my 5 stone award, the elusive award I have been wanting to achieve over the last FOUR months. Woop woop!
With antibiotics, I started to feel better and of course as the week went on my appetite increased. All my meals were on plan but I did max out my syns and probably ate over them on more than one occasion (I’m looking at you chocolate digestives!)
Disappointingly, this evening I went to weigh in and gained 3.5lb. I was expecting a gain but not such a big one. I need a big kick up the arse and I think this is it. I’m still (but only just) within the next stone bracket down but I’m now 3lb away from my 5 stone loss (again!)
I shared the news last week that I’ve also been nominated as a finalist in the Outstanding Contribution category for the MAD Blog Awards which I am thrilled about and receiving that nomination as a finalist is partly the fact why I’m writing this blog post. I’ve always shared the ups and downs of my weight loss and it’s something that I want to keep doing so although I have gained this week, I want to record the weeks where I gain as weight loss isn’t always about losing every week. It’s about drawing a line and getting back on it to lose the weight and sharing with people that it’s normal to lose and gain on a weight loss plan.
I may have gained this week but I’m determined to get it off next week (or at least have a bloody good go at losing it!) I really want to lose as much as I can before Christmas. Ideally, I would love to be pregnant at Christmas but if that’s not happening, I’d love to be at least a couple of stone lighter than what I am now.
My weight loss motivations
- Be able to conceive our second baby without medical intervention
- Wear a size UK 14/16
- Be confident in my own body
- Get out of the obese category of the BMI scale
Plan of action
So I need a plan of action. This is what I’m going to do this week;
- Write everything down in a food diary to share with my SW consultant next week
- Instagram my meals (as usual) so I’m accountable with what i’m eating to friends and fellow SW followers
- Drink a glass of water before my meals to see if that helps with keeping me full
- Make sure my meals have at least 2/3 speed foods in them
- Use between 5-10 syns only
- Try and get more sleep (if i’m tired, I find I’m pick foods I know I shouldn’t have!)
I’ve got a week ahead with no major hurdles. I know I can have a good week on plan if I put my mind to it so I’m determined to do this! I’ve got a new dress to look fab in and I’d love to head to the awards next week on the back of a weight loss. I’m going to give it my best shot.