Me and Mine September 2015

Me and Mine September 2015

September has been a month of getting back in to a routine following the fun of the summer holidays. Although Little Mr isn’t in a routine with nursery or pre-school, as he goes to his Grandparents on alternate days throughout the week whilst we’re at work, he knows the routine of being at their homes and all the usual things that they get up too and this really helps him sleep better of which I am very grateful.

Although we’ve been busy this month we haven’t really had chance to take any family photographs. This monthly photograph was taken towards the end of the month on a lazy Sunday afternoon in between getting some house jobs done.

Me and Mine

This month Daddy has enjoyed

• watching Walsall FC play Chelsea FC in the cup at Bescot Stadium
  • djing at his friends birthday party dressed up as one of the Inbetweeners (it was fancy dress!)
  • being contacted by a major TV channel to do a report on living with Obstructive Sleep Apnoea

This month Mama has enjoyed

• being nominated for a MAD Blog Award in the Outstanding Contribution category and enjoying a night in London with her blogging bestie Lucy
  • spending time with Little Mr at our Move With Peppa activity classes
  • celebrating with family at my Sister’s new housewarming

This month Little Mr has enjoyed

• going to his Move With Peppa activity class with Mama and learning the Peppa Steppa dance
  • feeding the ducks with Nanny and Grandad
  • going to playgroup with Nanny Shilton

October is set to be another busy month for us all, the nights are drawing in and we’re filling up the weekends with plans to make the most of family time. I’m hoping to schedule in some time away with the boys during October half term to enjoy a few days away seeing something different and enjoying each others company. Bring it on!

dear beautiful

• Reply Jenna

Glad to hear you had a fab night at the MADs and well done for your nomination. You must feel really proud! :)

#Me&Mine

30/09/2015 at 1:43 pm
  • Reply Ali

What a lovely and relaxed photo – September definitely seems to be a month for settling down ready for autumn

30/09/2015 at 2:01 pm
  • Reply hayley

Ahh the move with Peppa classes sound fun! How interesting about the TV show, will have to keep an eye out for that! Lovely photo! #meandmine

30/09/2015 at 5:34 pm
  • Reply Katie @mummydaddyme

I love this photo Emma, I remember seeing one of just the two of you in the same setting on your Facebook. You looked really relaxed and happy, just like you do in this. It was lovely to see you briefly at the MADS and you utterly deserved your nomination.
    PS I randomly read your husbands sleep apnea post the other day but it was in the middle of tea time I read it so didn’t comment. What a fascinating story and I am so glad he is getting better because of it now. x

30/09/2015 at 8:53 pm
    • Reply Emma Shilton

Thanks Katie, it’s getting so hard with Olly now to sit still for photographs. He’s a little monkey when the camera comes out. He’d much prefer to press the button rather than be in it.

Thank you, we are so thrilled his treatment works x

01/10/2015 at 1:16 pm
  • Reply Carie

This is such a lovely photo Emma, I love having shots from home in among all the Me and Mine shots for a year, it’s such a big part of our lives and you all look so happy and cosy together :)

02/10/2015 at 9:00 pm
  • Reply Nicola Bradbury

Emma, I love this picture. You all look so relaxed. You will have to give me tips on how you got Little Mr to smile so lovely at the camera. Alfie NEVER does it haha. I’m so happy that you were nominated for the Outstanding category at the MAD’s – it was truly deserved and I was really rooting for you! Have a lovely October xx

05/10/2015 at 10:26 am