If I could bottle this feeling…

Losing weight is a funny old game…

At the start you start off so positive and throw everything at it making sure you’re eating the right foods, measuring the correct amounts of food and writing down every mouthful so you can stay accountable to what you have eaten throughout the week. The losses soon add up and before you know it, you’ve achieved that first milestone.

I am such a big kid and love rewards so achieving the certificates and stickers are a bit of bling and are hugely motivating for me. I like to see results. I like to see how far I’ve come and boy, have I got a photograph to show you in just a second.

As time goes on, you can get a little disheartened with eating the same foods day in day out, the weight isn’t coming off as quickly as you’d hoped but you still plod on. You can’t fall off the wagon now, you’ve still got such a way to go. But then you look back at where you started and you’re amazed, you’re horrified at how you used to look but feel so incredibly proud of how far you have come.

This is me back in August 2014. I asked my hubby to take these photographs on the evening of my first Slimming World class. I wanted to keep a series of photographs of how I looked at the start of my journey so he took these and then I hid them (well I accidentally lost them!) until just this weekend.

IMG_3291

I cannot tell you how mortified I am at looking at these photographs. Apart from looking FIVE stone heavier, I look about 10 years older. These awful photographs are amazing for motivation though and I’m so determined to keep going and use these next photographs as my ‘old me’ photographs.

IMG_3378

I know I have a long way to go yet until I’m happy with the image I see staring back at me but I’m so proud that I’ve got those five stone under my belt, they’re gone forever and I have no intention of ever putting them back on again.

I’m motivated to keep meal planning (check out my meal planning monday posts) will keep instagramming my meals and will keep going to class and staying for image therapy.

And photographs like this will continue to motivate me and show me how far I’ve come when I’m falling off the SW wagon to remind me to keep going, taking it one day at a time!

IMG_3293

I want that next stone off by my birthday (beginning of November) so I’ve got 7 weeks to stay on track, keep focused and get that next stone certificate!

Thank you for your continued support, it means so much knowing I have lots of lovely followers supporting me!

• Reply Lindsay @ Newcastle Family Life

What a transformation ! You really do look ten years younger . I am sure you will get that next stone off by your birthday xx

16/09/2015 at 11:13 am
  • Reply Daniella

What an amazing journey you have had. 5 stone is an incredible amount of weight to have lost, you look like a completely different person.

16/09/2015 at 11:45 am
  • Reply Mrs TeePot

What amazing progress! You have done so well. I’ve got about 5 stone to lose, maybe more, and you’ve made me feel like it’s possible, thank you

16/09/2015 at 2:51 pm
    • Reply Emma Shilton

Thank you Mrs TeePot, anything is possible if you put your mind to it. There’s no quick fix but if you keep at it, you can achieve it. Good luck x

16/09/2015 at 10:16 pm
  • Reply Beth @ BethinaBox.com

You look incredible! Well done! I remember feeling the same way when I looked at my ‘before’ photos. :D

Thank you for linking up with #WeightLossWednesday!

Beth

16/09/2015 at 10:24 pm
    • Reply Emma Shilton

Aw so kind thank you Beth, will be linking up more often. Great linky x

16/09/2015 at 10:36 pm
  • Reply amanda walsh

Emma you look amazing and I am in awe of your success, I love that you are so honest with your journey and if you have had a bad week you say! I’m only 6 weeks in and loving the small changes, I’m only 2 shiny stickers into my journey but they do keep you motivated to get the next! #WeightLossWednesday

16/09/2015 at 10:31 pm
    • Reply Emma Shilton

Thanks Amanda, I think it’s so important to be honest. No point trying to cover anything up as the scales will show it eventually! 2 shiny stickers is amazing, well done xx

16/09/2015 at 10:37 pm
  • Reply Sim @ Sims Life

What an amazing transformation – you look fab lady and it shows all that hard work has paid off. I couldn’t help by nod as I read your post, totally how I started off and how I have felt along the way – weight loss is one hell of a journey. You should be so proud lovely, what you are doing is totally working for you! You can do it! Thank you for linking up with #WeightLossWednesday – keep us posted! Sim xx

21/09/2015 at 12:02 pm
  • Reply Kirsty Hijacked By Twins

You have done such an amazing job! I have got to admit that you have been an inspiration for Slimming World for me. Seeing someone that you “know” do so well it gives confidence that it can be done, and done healthily without going for the fad diets which are just a quick fix solution. This week is my week 1 of rediscovering my motivation so here goes! xx #SWSunday

24/09/2015 at 3:40 pm
  • Reply Hannah

You look amazing! Well done lovely lady! You and Lucy inspire me so much! (I just need to get my motivation back and get on with it! I’m 10lbs away from target – again!)

02/10/2015 at 3:37 pm