Meal Planning Monday 6th July 2015

meal planning monday

I love going away for the weekend but if there’s one thing I hate come Sunday evening is the panic about what we’re all going to eat for lunch at work the next day and throughout the week. As hubby and I both work in schools it’s not particularly easy to pop to the school canteen and grab something for lunch. We need to be able to eat on the go (or at my desk in my case) so taking a packed lunch is pretty much essential. Especially as following the SW plan, healthy schools menu aren’t exactly SW friendly!

This weekend as we enjoyed two days in York, I had pre-booked a supermarket delivery for the Sunday evening so we would at least have some fresh produce in for the week ahead. I have found over the last few years that some supermarkets tend to pick the produce with the shortest shelf life and our groceries can go off very quickly. Luckily, we didn’t have any issues with the food shop and it’s all been packed away for the week ahead.

Here’s what’s on the menu in our house this week;

Diet Coke Chicken, savoury rice and vegetables
Sausage and Mash
Lemon and herb chicken, potatoes and vegetables
Babybel burgers and salad
Oven roasted vegetables and grilled chicken kebabs

It might seem a bit chicken heavy but we do like it and it’s such a versatile piece of meat. Little Mr also likes it so we can cook it for him to enjoy too!

It’s a usual week at work for us this week with the usual sports in the calendar for hubby and my Slimming group tomorrow. The weekend looks fun as we’re meeting up with friends on Sunday for lunch but apart from that it’s business as usual!

Only two weeks left of the school term and I cannot wait to break up from work for a couple of weeks in August. Roll on the holidays!

I’m linking this post up with Mrs M’s Meal Planning Monday over on At Home with Mrs M

Meal Planning Monday

• Reply Maria

Oh I love the sounds of the Diet Coke chicken – sounds yummy. I have also started SW online recently – how are you finding it? #MealPlanningMondays

06/07/2015 at 3:56 pm
    • Reply Emma Shilton

It’s one of my most favourite meals. I love SW, I’ve lost 4stone 8.5lb on it since last August so not doing too badly ;)

06/07/2015 at 6:20 pm
  • Reply Kim Carberry

Everything sounds lovely! We love chicken here too.
    I love the sound of the Babybel burgers :D

06/07/2015 at 6:51 pm
  • Reply Daniella

Diet coke chicken sounds so delicious. Great menu

06/07/2015 at 7:45 pm
  • Reply Kiri

I think your meal plan is great! I don’t eat beef, and rarely red meat so my family tends to pretty much survive off chicken and why not like you said you can do so many things with it!
    Have a great week x

06/07/2015 at 9:08 pm
  • Reply Kirsty Hijacked By Twins

We love chicken too! I hope you had a great time in York, we love getting away there as often as we can. We were actually married in York :-) Your meal plan sounds lovely. I am still yet to try the diet coke chicken! Have a good week x #mealplanningmonday

06/07/2015 at 9:41 pm
  • Reply Mother Mands

Sounds like you had a good time in York, and your little man really enjoyed the train museum :) I have a friend who always said from a young he was going to be a train driver, many years later he is! Surprising how many people love trains :D
    I’m doing Coke cooked ham today, its great for hubby’s sandwich meat for work and he can use it for a meal while I’m visiting family and friends in Cheshire. Also in agreement about chicken, we tend to eat it a lot more than red meat, but I’m trying to up the meat free meals a bit more, its not easy with my husband the carnivore! ;)
    Enjoy the rest of your week! ;)

07/07/2015 at 8:38 am
  • Reply Steph

Can’t go wrong with Chicken! I used to make Diet Coke chicken but could never get the sauce to thicken up… No idea why! Sounds a fab week – enjoy xx

07/07/2015 at 12:39 pm