*This is a collaborative post
If you asked me how many ‘dates’ my husband and I have had since Little Mr was born, I can actually count them on one hand. The last couple of years have flown by and the budget has been tight. We just haven’t found the time to go and enjoy each others company as a couple as we did pre-baby and this is something we would definitely like to change in the next few months before we seriously consider expanding our family.
Here’s our alternative date ideas for busy couples;
1) Cocktail Making – I love a well mixed cocktail or two and attending a cocktail making class is a great way to let your hair down and make up a special mix of your favourite tipples. My favourite cocktail would most definitely have to be a Woo Woo. I love the blend of vodka, peach schnapps and cranberry. My hubby’s favourite cocktail is a Tequila Sunrise and we only ever get to drink them on a sunny holiday in the heat so it would be lovely to make them a bit closer to home.
2) Enjoy a night of food and entertainment at a Pay-by-Poker restaurant – My hubby is a huge poker fan. He regularly meets up with his mates for poker nights so having a gourmet meal cooked for him in a pop up all-in kitchen whilst playing his hand at one of his favourite games would make for an amazing night for him.
I seriously don’t have a clue about poker but it would be a completely different evening and we would literally be putting our money where our mouth is; three hands of poker are played and then the price you pay is based on how many chips you have at the end of the hands. I would probably end up paying lots for my meal as I have no idea on how to play but my hubby would enjoy playing a hand or two.
3) Attend a Food Festival – Fancy enjoying an all you can eat food festival where anything goes; cheese, meat, savoury snacks, sweet treats, you can try out and enjoy some new foods made by local artisans. With the summer sun approaching there’s lots of food festivals popping up around the country so take the day to enjoy the sunshine and the amazing food on offer with the one you love.
4) Pretend to be a tourist in your local ‘big’ city – Sometimes date night can be ‘too’ planned out, you know which restaurant you want to go to and what meal you’re going to enjoy so ditch the planning and enjoy a stroll around your local town or city pretending to be tourists. We are often too caught up in a moment of shopping or enjoying meals for a birthday or purpose that we forget to see the city around us. Go for a wander, explore the city, hand in hand and discover some parts of the city you haven’t even noticed yet.
5) Hire a Karaoke Booth – Karaoke is one of those activities you either love or hate, personally I really enjoy it. It’s a great way to let your hair down and it’s amazing to find out what music your partner really enjoys singing along too. Chances are it’s not the regular stuff you hear in the car!
6) Enjoy a slap up five course dinner at five different restaurants – This is such a brilliant idea, it might not come cheap but it’s a great way of really enjoying the cuisine you love. Take it in turns to choose where to head to for each course and enjoy the variety it will bring.